Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My flatmates

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

Hello everyone,

I will be moving to university in a few days. And I am so nervous. I think my flatmates don't like me. I have talked to them through our room flat through facebook. With today it's the second time they ignore me, when I write a message. Well I think this time is also my fault. Today I asked them how they are afther one of them told us her boyfriend left her. And I feeling so bad , cause they will think I am insensitive. I didn't really think about it when I wrote it. Just wanted to talk to them after the last time(they ignored my message) as we are going to see each order in a while. Plus I am an a eu student and I still don't speak english properly, and it will be difficult to communicate with them. I am also very shy so I always find it hard to talk to new people. Many times my shyness let me be seen as a mean person ( which I'm not). I don't really know what to do now. Anyway I 'm just writing to hear opinions or advices .

I think you'll be fine once you get into the flat and meet them face-to-face, it can be difficult speaking through messages for anyone, and you can't tell how someone might be feeling through messages and sometimes things can be interpreted differently.

Hi, you seem to be overthinking and worrying way too much (what is understandable) but I'm sure you will get on with your flatmates just fine. Its difficult settling in but they are also in the same situation as you (albeit they may not be EU citizens and just be UK ones). Meeting them in person is alot different and you will have good and bad times with flatmates as it just happens. Just don't worry too much about it until you meet them in person.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 6, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.