Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Change of situation at home

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad? Are they even worth it? Have your say! 26-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    I am about to go into my third year at Uni and my parents recently split up. I have moved in with just my Mum and assume that I am eligible for more student loan. I sent off an envelope containing a letter of explanation from myself, a customer reference number, a letter from my mum explaining the recent situation and a water bill with just her name and a council tax letter proving she gets discount for being a single parent.

    I sent all this off last week and am wondering if i have provided enough proof, i am also unsure as to whether i should sign my previous entitlement letter and send it back anyway?

    All the best.


    We require evidence of your mums marital status. The council tax bill will only be accepted if it shows a 25% single person occupancy discount. Your mum would also have to send her financial information. We would advise you to send the declaration from the previous entitlement letter as you are agreeing to the terms and conditions of student finance not the amount.

Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 7, 2016
Cats: Yay or nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.