Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do I desensitise myself from this feeling??

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

So I am friends with someone and I am also having sex with them. I have a LOT of feelings for them and they "claim" they have feelings for me as well but I call ******** because if you know someone has feelings for you and you do too then you'll want to get into a relationship with them. And he does not want a relationship with me yet for various reasons.

Anyway every time we finish having sex, I always get this feeling of being used, insecure, sad etc because all these things come through my mind like what if he's doing this with other people, what if he's just using me etc I've talked about this to him and he says he does not mind at all with us being friends without the sex part but I'm a horny ass ***** clearly who keeps going back despite how it makes me feel afterwards and I'm not planning to change that. He even tells me before we do it that he doesn't want to hurt me or lead me on so we don't have to continue.

This "feeling" normally lasts for a day or so and then it goes away. But how do I stop myself from feeling like **** after we finish in the first place?

You're doing this to yourself by having sex with him. So.... don't have sex with him. He clearly is only in it for a quick bang.

You can't. It's because you want more and you're pretending to be ok with a situation that you're not. I have been there myself recently. We stopped sleeping together and continued as friends but the feelings are still there. You need to stop sleeping with him and seeing him as much. If he cared about your feelings that much he would do the decent thing and not sleep with you.

He's not that into you, understand that. You'll never be able to desensitise yourself because you have feelings for him, going back to him again and again for more sex won't help you either
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 6, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.