The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
well im Hashem im not gonna follow the entire thing but im crazy about football my number one team are Real Madrid. Im from Bahrain and photography sports tv definately are my thing. did IB so no Alevels. as to food i like pizza, shawarma you get the picture. hmm thats it really see you all in sept
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Name - Alex
Age - 19 this Sept
A Levels -Biology, Maths, Economics, Politics
Gap year - Nah
Course - Economics
Accommodation -CRIPPS single study
Location in country - Sunny Bournemouth
Pets - One cool cat
Fave Food - Anything
Fave Drink - Probably milk, though anything alcoholic is good also.
Fave Music - Indie, Rock, Alternative & Dance mainly. Love Radiohead, The Libertines, Incubus & Brand New to name but a few.
Play an instrument? - The Guitar....badly
Fave T.V programme - Lost!, Family Guy, Have I got News for you.
Fave Films - (So many...) Pulp Fiction, Aliens, Life of Brian, Dogma, Transformers, The original Star Wars trilogy, LotR...
Fave Book - Bill Bryson's A Short History of Nearly Everything
Interests - Music, Computer Games, Martial Arts, Drinking and Partying.
Reply 22
Viktory
Especially "Photography" :smile:

I was hoping someone would spot that :biggrin:
Reply 23
Name - I'll give you one guess...
Age - 20
A Levels - Maths, Physics and Chemistry (Statistics at AS level)
Gap year - Forced gap year (Failed my first year exams at the University of Bristol in summer 2006)
Course - Economics
Accommodation - Broadgate Park
Location in country - North London
Pets - 1 dog
Fave Food - Steak, chips and peas
Fave Drink - Strongbow, Vodka Redbull/Coke/Lemonade, Sambuca
Fave Music - Dance music (trance, techno, house, drum n bass). Rock (e.g. Muse)
Play an instrument? - Played the piano a long time ago
Fave T.V programme - LOST, 24, Prison Break, Heroes, Entourage, Top Gear, Family Guy, The Simpsons, My Name Is Earl
Fave Films - The Matrix Trilogy, The Lord Of The Rings Trilogy, Ong-Bak, Equilibrium, Forrest Gump, The Shawshank Redemption, Pulp Fiction, Gladiator, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
Fave Book - The Lord Of The Rings, The Hobbit, Freakonomics, Harry Potter
Interests - Poker, computer gaming, going out, listening to music, Formula 1, badminton, karate

(Most information copied from Facebook profile...)
Reply 24
geoff_yin
Name - I'll give you one guess...

Errm, Peter? :biggrin:

Yay! A Gooner, a Londoner and staying at BGP too. My room for live match streams yeah? :wink:
Reply 25
Name - Stephen
Age - 18
A-Levels - History, Psychology,IT,Business Studies
Course applied for - Management
Gap year - none
Accommodation - Some isolated shed they give to insurance people
Location in country/Abroad - Northern Ireland
Pets - King Charles Spaniel
Fave Food - White chocolate
Fave Drink - Apple tango
Fave Music - Indie
Play an instrument? - No
Fave T.V programme -Match of the Day
Fave Film -Dumb and Dumber
Interests - Football,Cricket, Sports
Reply 26
EskimoJo

Yay! A Gooner, a Londoner and staying at BGP too. My room for live match streams yeah? :wink:

Yes please!!! Which block are you in? I'm going to be in Laurels.
Reply 27
Abbey011
True

Let's start a convo then! I remember when I was waiting for my results, I started a huge "society" on this subforum called "Marshmallow Land" :biggrin: That thread's long been locked from 2 years or so ago. But in any case, my thread (where I was High Queen of Marshmallows :cool: ) brought this subforum back to life, which I'm still very much proud of! :biggrin: When I first found this subforum, it was so dead it was ghostly lol.

In any case, so, what are people looking forward to most then? :p: Any last minute uni shopping - or more accurately, excuses for shopping? :biggrin:

I'm up for meeting strangers from student forums :biggrin: I've done that a dozen times by now - my housemate I'd met originally from this forum lol - so if anyone fancies a meet-up once term starts, give me a PM :biggrin: (I did meet one weirdo on here once though, so it'll definitely be a public place, don't worry :wink: lol)

I'm not a fresher though, but maybe that could be a good thing with regards to finding your way around campus and the nearest supermarket :wink:

PS - I believe I have successfully made the brilliant impression of me being a loner weirdo from the internet... :rolleyes: I'm seriously not!! Lol!
Reply 28
Me and my mum seem to have gone a bit mad with uni shopping lol!!! If anyone is looking for some really good deals on things like quilt covers and what not Ponden Mill has a sale on!!! I got this really pretty purple one which was reduced from £49.99 to £12.49!!!!!
What was marshmallow land lol???
Reply 29
I think I pretty much have all the stuff I need for Uni as I can use all the crap I was using when I was studying at Bristol a year ago. But what I definitely need is a good printer/scanner as the one I have now is utterly rubbish!
Reply 30
EskimoJo

Heeey, can I come along too? Awesome first match yeah?
Reply 31
Ali07
Heeey, can I come along too? Awesome first match yeah?

I was at the Emirates for that game mate! Best game I've been to! Off to the Sparta Prague match as well on the 29th. Should be academic as I don't see us conceding two goals to Sparta Prague at home...
Reply 32
Afallen

Accommodation - Some isolated shed they give to insurance people

that shed sounds nice
Reply 33
geoff_yin
I was at the Emirates for that game mate! Best game I've been to! Off to the Sparta Prague match as well on the 29th. Should be academic as I don't see us conceding two goals to Sparta Prague at home...

Me too! Was really great, deafeningly loud at the end - not my best though! Also going to the Prague (will be tough - don't jinx us!) and ManCity games, and then I probably won't be able to go for ages. :frown:
I'm in Mulberries. Here's me bringing the offer of streams when I haven't even got my laptop yet! I keep worrying that I'll buy one and then discover some better deal where I could have saved more money. I'm broke already! Oooh, I'm excited though! :biggrin:
Reply 34
EskimoJo
Me too! Was really great, deafeningly loud at the end - not my best though! Also going to the Prague (will be tough - don't jinx us!) and ManCity games, and then I probably won't be able to go for ages. :frown:
I'm in Mulberries. Here's me bringing the offer of streams when I haven't even got my laptop yet! I keep worrying that I'll buy one and then discover some better deal where I could have saved more money. I'm broke already! Oooh, I'm excited though! :biggrin:

Yeah, I haven't been to many matches, so the Fulham one was definitely up there with the best!

How do you stream premiership and FA cup matches on your computer? I was able to stream the champions league matches online on Sky.com last year but had to pay £5 per match... It would be so awesome if I could stream matches - got a beautiful 26" monitor!!!
Reply 35
Hey guys, I'm in Hu Stu hall, studying Pharmacy! Anyone else in Hu Stu?! wooo I can't wait :biggrin:DD
Reply 36
Hey, I'm in Cripps which is just next door I think; although there is meant to be big rivalry between the two apparently lol!!! I can't wait either :smile:
Reply 37
geoff_yin
Yeah, I haven't been to many matches, so the Fulham one was definitely up there with the best!

How do you stream premiership and FA cup matches on your computer? I was able to stream the champions league matches online on Sky.com last year but had to pay £5 per match... It would be so awesome if I could stream matches - got a beautiful 26" monitor!!!

I think 4-2 vs Liverpool (Henry hattrick) was my fave.
You can get streams from *ahem* certain websites *cough* that may or may not be perfectly legal. :biggrin:
Reply 38
*Abi*26
Me and my mum seem to have gone a bit mad with uni shopping lol!!! If anyone is looking for some really good deals on things like quilt covers and what not Ponden Mill has a sale on!!! I got this really pretty purple one which was reduced from £49.99 to £12.49!!!!!
What was marshmallow land lol???

Sorry I don't frequent this subforum very often anymore - guess I should! Hehe I've successfully started off some conversations! - me happy! :biggrin:

Marshmallow Land is/was... erm... I don't really know, a land of marshmallows? :biggrin: It was simply a thread titled "Marshmallow Land" and I made a list of everyone who is a marshmallow and their rank within the land and what colour jellybean they were :biggrin: It was all just a bit of fun and in general just a random chat thread really. Lemme find it and if I can, I'll give you the link - the thread's closed now though so there's no reviving it unless we tell a mod to open it again, but I think someone else will have to run it :wink:

And nice bargain on those sheets! :biggrin: A tip on moving in would be - don't bring too much cus you'll find that you wouldn't use most of the stuff you thought you needed at the start of the year. Bring everything you think you'll need for first term - after that one term you'll come to be able to assess what you need and what you don't. You realise when you pack for the end of term. Lol I had 4 big bags (like bigger than suitcases) and of those 4, I had used the contents of only 1 bag - the rest were just, well, there, and a real hassle to pack all up again at the end of term! Anyway, by your 2nd term, you'll know what you need - then just bring what you need, cus bear in mind you're moving out at the end of every term, so why give yourself increased stress and hassle for packing when you leave? :wink:

In any case, what are your plans for fresher's week? :biggrin: My plans are - snuggle up and watch DVDs with my boyfriend whom I haven't seen since June :redface: Can't wait! :biggrin: I miss him :frown:
Reply 39
Here, link to the old thread of Marshmallow Land :smile:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=97364

And read my post here for a list of Marshmallow ex-members :smile: This thread is closed, but just to show you what it was like lol when the subforum first got revived. I'm feeling rather nostalgic about this now lol!
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=97364&page=7

Within the thread I've since met Euarne, dan_iel_2000 and mariana05 - the first two are aquaintances, and the last is now my best friend at uni and housemate :smile: None of them frequent TSR anymore though.

Who would've thought? - meeting one of my best friends from TSR? :biggrin:

Marshmallow Land was generally a very vibrant thread with crazy random posts that made no sense and a lot of A-Level revision stress rants and application worries. Oh those were the days :redface: :cool: :biggrin:

:marchmell
For old times' sake :smile: Marshmallow Land all the way wooooo!

Latest

Trending

Trending