Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

geting nervous

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

I tend to get very nervous about doing thing that I know I enjoy like ski instruction or going to gigs I know I'll enjoy it when I'm there but before i go i feel sick or have nervous diarrhoea.

It's not like I don't enjoy it once I'm there doing it and i know I'm going to enjoy it it's just before going i just feel so ill is there anyway I can relax or stop these feelings before i go.

its pretty normal this, people just don't open up about it; its anxiety. I have the same thing and get nervous a lot sometimes for silly things, but its actually quite normal and a lot of people experience it, for some reason people just rant open about it though and we all just think its only us who feels like that because no one else shows it but really a lot of people are feeling the same way. Its just the way your made and the way you are; don't beat urself up about it, jut still do the things you enjoy and even if that means going through a bit of anxiety before hand- so what. Have a drink, keep busy and surround yourself with people who make you feel comfortable to be around and who you can be yourself with

If you want any more advice or wanna chat feel free to DM me xx
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

I want...

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.