Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Completely stuck and have no idea what to do.

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad course - waste of time? 17-10-2016

Hi student finance team,
    Okay so basically I started my application in June. My parents financial evidence had moved over from sisters account, well that's what my account said and there was no correspondence for me to send anything else in. So come August, after ringing student finance a great number of times one member told me that I have to send in a PFF2 form. Which I did, I waited 3 weeks for it to get processed. Which it finally did on Tuesday, I sent in my birth certificate with a counter signature every counter signature got declined and no one could tell me the reason why. So last Thursday I went to the passport office in Peterborough to go get my passport done in 4 hours. Everything on my side has been completed, the student finance team have told me that I am entitled to a certain amount which is correct by me. And now my application is in manual assessment and I know have to wait 8 days for that, however in 9 days that's when I enrol and plan to move to London.

Is there any way I can speed up the processing of my application by talking to one of the processing team members? As my parents have paid for my deposit and passport etc, and they are on benefits and was extremely hard for them to pay. I am extremely let down by the finance team my correspondence is never up to date, and as many times as I ring I am no informed of any problems with my account until the 7th or 8th time I ring. I would like a way to contact the processing team if that is possible. As I am supposed to move into my halls in the next Monday. And I may be going without a decision on my finance.

Advice on this subject would be great, any contact numbers to try and get this done quicker would be great. Regards

You would not be able to speak with the assessors who process the applications as they do not take calls due to processing applications.

Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 7, 2016
Would you want to know what your pet is thinking about you?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.