The Student Room Group

UKCAT Scores and University Realistic Applying to

I got my UKCAT scores and they did not turn out as high as I would have hoped it would. I got 540 VR 630 AR 710 QR and SJ Band 2. What universities should I avoid? Currently I am going for Oxford, UCL, Birmingham, Nottingham but I am unsure about Nottingham because they tend to cut people off if under 50%. What should I change it to?
Reply 1
I have heard from a lot of sources that UKCAT scores are actually lower this year than previous years. Your score doesn't even sound as low as some of the marks I have heard! So I really wouldn't threat! You could wait until UKCAT publish the result stats in October (they do this before the UCAS deadline don't worry) or even consider taking the BMAT, some UK universities ask for it in their entry criteria but don't actually use the marks. :smile: your UKCAT isn't the be all end all so don't worry!
Reply 2
Original post by Emilyxx77
I have heard from a lot of sources that UKCAT scores are actually lower this year than previous years. Your score doesn't even sound as low as some of the marks I have heard! So I really wouldn't threat! You could wait until UKCAT publish the result stats in October (they do this before the UCAS deadline don't worry) or even consider taking the BMAT, some UK universities ask for it in their entry criteria but don't actually use the marks. :smile: your UKCAT isn't the be all end all so don't worry!

Do you know which ones don't use the actual marks? But this is quite reassuring! Thanks for the info ^-^
Reply 3
Original post by intesar
Do you know which ones don't use the actual marks? But this is quite reassuring! Thanks for the info ^-^

As far as I know Leeds and brighton and sussex :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending