The Student Room Group

Still possible to do full A level what with specs changing?

I had thought about sitting a full A level in one year but then was told the new AS specifications are being taught from this September onwards. Therefore I wouldnt be able to sit the new AS and do the old A2(since the new spec for A2 won't be offered until next year) in one year.

Or is there a way around this?
nah i think you still can sit them mate,

the new specs are being first introduced in 2008 (i.e. you have one more year before the new specs will be tought to next years year 12)......

however check with your board as i only know this for OCR/MEI for definite, but i'm sure every board is doing the same :smile:
You have to do the AS next academic year for the old spec, and A2 the year after, when the AS has changed.
Reply 3
michaelyus
You have to do the AS next academic year for the old spec, and A2 the year after, when the AS has changed.

So I'd still be able to do the full old spec this coming September?
AQA have made a nice switchover timetable here:
http://www.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf/TIMELINE-POSTER.PDF

Shame is that only one set of AS retakes are available - it's basically all or nothing.

Also, I pity those in the year below - you can do any A2s until the second year!
Reply 5
The new specifications only start in September 2008.
clefeen206
So I'd still be able to do the full old spec this coming September?

Yep, if you're doing the whole A-level in one year. You can retake AS in the next summer, and retake A2 next January.

Latest