The Student Room Group

Univeristy application

I just found out my AS grades and I want to apply to Dentistry but I just missed out on the grades, my back up is Dietition, I was thinking of taking a gap year but am I able to apply to Dietition and then once I find out my A2 results next year change my application to Dentistry? Or should I not apply this year to anything and wait till I get my A2 results?
Original post by Brink284
I just found out my AS grades and I want to apply to Dentistry but I just missed out on the grades, my back up is Dietition, I was thinking of taking a gap year but am I able to apply to Dietition and then once I find out my A2 results next year change my application to Dentistry? Or should I not apply this year to anything and wait till I get my A2 results?

If doesn't sound like you actually want to study Dietition (or would much rather study Dentistry) which is fair enough, but in that case I don't think it is worth applying this year. Save the £ and the effort.
Original post by Brink284

Dietetics and Dentistry are really different...you might as well apply for Dentistry this year but prepare yourself for a gap year, and if you don't get any offers then have a gap year and go the year after.

Quick Reply

Latest