The Student Room Group

Dropping A2 biology for Medicine and other courses?

Hi there - this year I unfortunately did not do well enough in my AS exams to get an AAA prediction with bio chem and history.
However, if I drop biology then I possibly could get either an AAA or AAB prediction - but I would apply to a different course (and then If i get AAA at the end of this year, apply for medicine during a gap year)

What I'm asking is, if i drop bio and take chem maths and history forward, would I still be able to apply to medicine with achieved grades, or do I need to take biology to A2?
Original post by greys-anatomy
Hi there - this year I unfortunately did not do well enough in my AS exams to get an AAA prediction with bio chem and history.
However, if I drop biology then I possibly could get either an AAA or AAB prediction - but I would apply to a different course (and then If i get AAA at the end of this year, apply for medicine during a gap year)

What I'm asking is, if i drop bio and take chem maths and history forward, would I still be able to apply to medicine with achieved grades, or do I need to take biology to A2?

You would still be able to apply. There will be fewer options as there are good few unis that ask for Chem and bio to full A2.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending