The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL accommodation swap thread

Hello,

I Received my accommodation offer today for Goldsmid House. It's a single en-suite room, self catered and £189pw. It's UCLs newest accommodation block and apparently very nice. It's also in a nice location (Victoria - next to Westminster, Chelsea and Mayfair). However distance wise it's a lot further than I was looking for in terms of accommodation.

I was hoping for somewhere closer (preferably walking distance), self catered with an ensuite. This would be ideal, however if no one is available then I may be tempted to swap with a single non-ensuite room.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by MedicManiac
Hello,

I Received my accommodation offer today for Goldsmid House. It's a single en-suite room, self catered and £189pw. It's UCLs newest accommodation block and apparently very nice. It's also in a nice location (Victoria - next to Westminster, Chelsea and Mayfair). However distance wise it's a lot further than I was looking for in terms of accommodation.

I was hoping for somewhere closer (preferably walking distance), self catered with an ensuite. This would be ideal, however if no one is available then I may be tempted to swap with a single non-ensuite room.

You cannot swap until October.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Hi, thought I'd create a thread for people who want to swap their offers for accommodation with one another.

Guess I'll start...

Got an offer for a twin room at John Tovell house. Its got a great location as its on Gower street (same road as the UCL headquarters) and the fees are very cheap compared to the rest (£110 p/w). The only problem is that I'd really like to have my own room and so a twin room just isn't for me. On the plus side the rooms are much bigger to compensate for this.

So if anyone has an offer for somewhere (anywhere) that is a single room I'd be more than happy to swap. Thanks in advanced!
Reply 3
i was offered a non-ensuite twin room in campbell east, which is build within the campus. fees are really cheap here, 110.6pw, room is pretty big.
but i really dont like share my private sector--my bedroom with some one else. so any one who currently has a single room, whether ensuite or not, contact me asap if you are willing to swap.

dont hesitate to email [email protected]
Reply 4
UCL have offered me Frances Gardner, but a mate has offered me a swap for Ramsay, should I do it? Ramsay was my initial choice but I was kind of relieved when I got Frances Gardner as it is en suite, something which I'd prefer. However I've heard its not that social?
Is it really antisocial or is that just overstated? However it does look like a nicer residence...
Also what is Ramsay's food arrangements like? Like are meals at certain times, and can you cook for yourself sometimes? What is the food like? I'm a bit of a lifter so diet is of concern to me, hence I'd rather cook for myself, but a first year in halls would be great.
Any advice from ex Ramsay or Francey G'ers?
Thanks
Reply 5
Hey everyone,
Ive just got a twin room at Max Rayne house. It's a bargain at £96.60 pw! The location is great; very nearby to UCL. Let me know if you are interested in swapping, i'd love to have a single room anywhere and at any price! Message me pleaseeee :biggrin: xxx
Reply 6
Hey everyone,
Ive just got a twin room at Max Rayne house. It's a bargain at £96.60 pw! The location is great; very nearby to UCL. Let me know if you are interested in swapping, i'd love to have a single room anywhere and at any price! Message me pleaseeee xxx
Reply 7
hey guys, i got a twin room at max rayne house which is only 96.6 per week. but i really want a single room, no matter en-suite or not, please dont hesitate to email me if you are interested in swapping,
Reply 8
How does swapping actually work?
Reply 9
Original post by lollage123
How does swapping actually work?

Swapping in this way does not work.
The website makes this crystal clear and threads like this are pretty redundant until mid October. I've posted about this before.
You have to stick with the place you've been offered until mid October - if you're woefully unhappy then (you won't be) you will be given the opportunity to enter the swaplist.
Reply 10
Original post by DANNNNN12345
Hi, thought I'd create a thread for people who want to swap their offers for accommodation with one another.

Guess I'll start...

Got an offer for a twin room at John Tovell house. Its got a great location as its on Gower street (same road as the UCL headquarters) and the fees are very cheap compared to the rest (£110 p/w). The only problem is that I'd really like to have my own room and so a twin room just isn't for me. On the plus side the rooms are much bigger to compensate for this.

So if anyone has an offer for somewhere (anywhere) that is a single room I'd be more than happy to swap. Thanks in advanced!

You can't swap until October. Your only option is to take your place up then to try and swap in October or to reject it altogether.
Don't bother with threads like this.
Reply 11
Hello,

Hi would you be interested in swapping for a double en-suite room at college hall its quite close to UCL and might be suitable for you
Reply 12
Original post by adeyinka36
Hi would you be interested in swapping for a double en-suite room at college hall its quite close to UCL and might be suitable for you

Hey, I'm afraid I wouldn't be happy with a twin room. Thanks for responding though x
Reply 13
Hey, I'm afraid I wouldn't be happy with a twin room. Thanks for responding though x

No actually its not a twin room. Its jus a double bed ( bigger size bed than normal) with ensuite.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Hello,

I Received my accommodation offer today for Ifor Evans Hall. It's a single non-ensuite room. It's UCLs student accommodation and apparently very nice. It's also in a nice location in zone 2 (Camden Town) .
I was hoping for somewhere closer (preferably walking distance) in zone 1 with the price under £190PW. This would be ideal, a single non-ensuite room will be fine too.:smile::smile::smile:
UCL have offered me Frances Gardner, but a mate has offered me a swap for Ramsay, should I do it? Ramsay was my initial choice but I was kind of relieved when I got Frances Gardner as it is en suite, something which I'd prefer. However I've heard its not that social?
Is it really antisocial or is that just overstated? However it does look like a nicer residence...
Also what is Ramsay's food arrangements like? Like are meals at certain times, and can you cook for yourself sometimes? What is the food like? I'm a bit of a lifter so diet is of concern to me, hence I'd rather cook for myself, but a first year in halls would be great.
Thanks

What a lifter you are indeed! The word on the street is that BIZZ offered to retire your vest on their wall just above the squatting rack... (Laura Po... would be very impressed)

Ps. Did you use your bull**** pen to write this?
Reply 16
Hiya, I know this isn't technically a swap but if anybody received a room in any hall (UCL or intercollegiate) that they didn't want and are going for private sector instead, please let me know, I will happily buy it off you (if possible). I was supposed to be guaranteed accommodation but didn't get any and I really need some!
Reply 17
I have been offered a double ensuite studio rooom, double meaning double bed, at international hall (15 minute walk from UCL). It contains a kitchen and is self catered. I am looking to swap with someone a similar distance to UCL, I'd be happy with anything but a twin.

THIS IS NOT A SHARED ROOM
**I am willing to give up my deposit worth £980, at the end of the year you will receive this amount in full**
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 18
Thanks

Heya :smile: I'm going to be in Frances Gardner next year and I certainly don't plan on being antisocial if that helps :wink: I don't think it will matter to be honest since one can always hang out at Langton Close if that is the case..
Hello,I got an offer for a single room not en-suite at Ramsay Hall.It is really close to UCL,however, I would prefer to cook my own meals and have a shower.I am not sure that I want to swap yet, but if anyone is interested, I would consider their offer with pleasure.:smile: I heard too that Ramsay Hall is really social which is what put me into thinking. Is it really that different from the other halls?

P.S. I would prefer a room that is within walking distance from UCL and I am only interested in single en-suite rooms.

Latest

Trending

Trending