Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Some help please, feel like I'm f*cked

Announcements Posted on
Four hours left to win £100 of Amazon vouchers!! Don't miss out! Take our short survey to enter 24-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    So last year I started my course which was supposed to be a foundation year then advancing onto a degree course, anyway I ****ed it didn't really go (had reasons) so applied for special circumstances got accepted and have now done all my resits, I get my results next week, move into my house for this year on friday.

    My problem comes here, back last year when I knew I had missed too much of my course to recover I contacted my student support officer to see about resitting the year which I didn't mind doing because I knew I'd be more focused the next time around but I explained my reasons for missing so many lectures and work etc and she said I should apply for special circumstances FIRST as I could possibly still pass the year by just repeating key modules (but I would have to pass them all) so I applied and got accepted anyway after doing my resits I felt I may have done not so good in one so I contacted her again asking for information about resitting the whole year if I failed one as she told me to try to do resits FIRST I assumed if they didn't go well I would just have to do the whole year again she got back to me and told me that no I wouldn't be able to resit the year as a whole again but instead if I failed one module I would most likely be offered the chance to repeat it again next summer BUT I would have to take a non attendance year.

    My problem with this is that I have already sorted my house for this year, signed the lease etc (I'm from N.Ireland btw and study in Manchester) am going back over on friday and if I do a non attendance year wont receive any loans which kind of completely ****s me because I will have to work a ridiculous amount of hours to afford to live because of my age and the wage I will get, so I'm just wondering if there is any way I can get like a grant or loan or something to help me live or if I could even apply for another course like anything at all just to get a loan??? HELP

    Worst case scenario, pull out of your lease at the first available opportunity. Problem solved.
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

What do you wear to bed?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.