Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Apply to post-grad medicine course

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016
REMINDER: Do not post your personal statement on TSR, otherwise you may have to rewrite it from scratch. Click here for more info. 12-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    I have a MChem in chemistry with molecular medicine and i'm hoping to apply to a post-grad medicine course, but i'm a little confused about how to apply. All the uni websites I've looked at say to use UCAS but I've signed up for the post-grad version of UCAS but I can't find any of the medicine courses on there. Am I looking too early or being an idiot?

    Try the undergraduate account of UCAS. Post-grad medicine isn't really a post-graduate course, but an undergraduate course open only to those who have at least a bachelor's degree.

    As Vodka says they classify them as undergraduate degrees. Look for the A101 code which is most typical for Graduate Entry Medicine (GEM). Most (if not all) GEM courses require some sort of admission test so make sure you have researched into and completed those.
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 8, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.