The Student Room Group

iPhone 7 is ugly, who agrees?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by cbreef
Just give me a reliable phone that isn't designed to fail after a year please. :colonhash:

Not sure where you're getting your phones from lol. I still have an iPhone 4S and it works brilliantly. If you want it to work to its full capacity you need to update the software regularly and look after it.
Agree with everything you said.

Original post by zayn008
BYE. the wireless headphones are a choice, you don't need them. I doubt many will buy them but some people will like them. I think the iPhone 7 is beautiful, the new Jet black color is just 😍😍 everyone knows a new iPhone comes out every 12 months… you must be a bitter 6S owner?

A bitter 6S owner? Can you actually hear yourself? :rofl:

Such a mindless consumer. :rofl:

Oh I have an iPhone 5, and I'm just so down and bitter about it.
Reply 22
Original post by cbreef
Why have they removed the headphone jack though? That's just f*cking silly.
You have to either :
A) buy an adapter to use your old earphones.
or
B) buy these stupid, easily lost ear bud things for like £15

You'd know if you watched their iPhone 7 live event.

They removed the headphone jack because it has been in place for very long. They wanted to challenge that and create something new and better. It also takes up a lot of space, which could be used for something else. By using lightning to plug in your headphones they've freed up space and got rid of something that would have eventually went anyway. How long can you stick to the same design?

Stupid earbud things? People in these comments are so ignorant. Do you have any idea how much engineering went into designing these "stupid earbud things"? They stop playing music when you take them out due to sensors, they have microphones which detect background noise and cancel it out (by playing the same noise back to you but pi radians out of phase resulting in destructive interference, the music you're listening to is being played at the same time of course). Honestly, read up a bit about the whole production process before you make such comments.
Yes but apple isn't competing for people who buy £100 phones, and even if they could compete for that market it'd make no sense to do so - apple's entire brand is based on luxury, if they start producing lower quality/ cheaper/ lots of models that'll be tarnished and they'll instead be competing in a market with thousands of virtually identical products, bleeding them.
Same reason you have super luxury pent house apartments when you could get 90% of that in inner city's tower blocks.
Am I seeing things? Are people finally realising Apple is not and has never been worth the cost?
Reply 25
Original post by RDKGames
What did they even change? I only looked at the phone today, and as I own the iPhone 6, i see absolutely no difference in anything.

Water resistance, supposedly new colours, dual cameras along with optical image stabilisation, better battery.

Oh yeah, they removed the 3.5 mm headphone jack so you can't use your old headphones/earphones without an adapter.

It's not much of an upgrade and it's a deal-breaker to some people that you can't listen to music and charge your phone at the same time. Honestly not worth the upgrade moving from a 6. I own the iPhone SE and I still believe that the 5/5S/SE are still the best looking iPhones - I think the 7 actually looks uglier than the 6.
Reply 26
Original post by cbreef
I don't understand why people will happily pay £40 a month/£650 for something so similar to the last edition with extra gimmicks.

If it's a contract they'd have been paying a similar amount for their previous phone before they upgraded so there's no change there or just a small increase per month. If they buy it up front then you can sell it on when the new one comes out and make a big portion of that £650 back.
Reply 27
Original post by cbreef
You have to either :
or

Did you not hear the keynote? It's outdated technology, 100 years old and unable to adapt. You might be outraged now but just remember, other mobile companies will follow, laptops will follow, and soon it'll be a thing of the past. The adapter was just to help the transition, I think by the next iPhone they won't include it because the markets would've moved along. I am however annoyed I won't be able to use the EarPods on other devices so it's also a marketing trick. Also if you meant Airpods they're £150 not 15 lol. There are third party headphones that use the lightning port, Bluetooth earphones? Or yes, the adapter lol

Original post by Jackieox
A choice? How are they a choice without using some clunky adapter?

If they're a choice please explain to me how I charge my phone and play music during long drives?

Car play or Bluetooth, it's 2016! You can get aux to Bluetooth so like you stick it into the car port then connect to it from your phone and voila. I do that even though my phone has a headphone jack, wires are annoying and dangerous, plus you can easily pass the phone around if it isn't charging. Also they're like £3 on eBay.
Reply 28
Original post by Twinpeaks
Agree with everything you said.

A bitter 6S owner? Can you actually hear yourself? :rofl:

Such a mindless consumer. :rofl:

Oh I have an iPhone 5, and I'm just so down and bitter about it.

Well… why else would you complain about yearly releases? He said he didn't even own an iPhone yet he's annoyed apple release iPhones each year… lol
Reply 29
Original post by cbreef
You have to either :
or

It comes with a plug which lets you plug your headphone jack into it.
I don't agree. I really like the look of the iPhone 7 and Apple iPhones in general are just the only phone I'd consider using.
What did they even change? I only looked at the phone today, and as I own the iPhone 6, i see absolutely no difference in anything.

It got worse...

Spoiler

You'll know the change when you realise there is no headphone jack and when you lose your extra tiny wireless 'AirPods', you'll shamefully have to fork out £159 for a replacement pair.

So good luck with that.
I just personally don't see the appeal of iPhones when there are so many better devices of the market which are alot less restrictive.
Original post by Inexorably
Am I seeing things? Are people finally realising Apple is not and has never been worth the cost?

shh don't say it out loud or it might not come true :biggrin:
Original post by JW22
I was thinking the same thing, all of the other times apple have released a new phone it seemed like there was something new and interesting, it seems to me the iPhone 7 is just an iPhone 6 with slightly better hardware

Faster and water resisitabt too better camera new home button...
Original post by Kryptonian
Faster and water resisitabt too better camera new home button...

Water Resistant is nothing new in a smartphone. Apple is just catching up with the times for that matter.
just wait for the 8
Original post by shuu00
You'd know if you watched their iPhone 7 live event.

They removed the headphone jack because it has been in place for very long. They wanted to challenge that and create something new and better. It also takes up a lot of space, which could be used for something else. By using lightning to plug in your headphones they've freed up space and got rid of something that would have eventually went anyway. How long can you stick to the same design?

Stupid earbud things? People in these comments are so ignorant. Do you have any idea how much engineering went into designing these "stupid earbud things"? They stop playing music when you take them out due to sensors, they have microphones which detect background noise and cancel it out (by playing the same noise back to you but pi radians out of phase resulting in destructive interference, the music you're listening to is being played at the same time of course). Honestly, read up a bit about the whole production process before you make such comments.

I for one, don't mind a wire between the phone and the ear. They keep finding ways to "innovate" and charge more for it at the same time. And those ear bud things do look incredibly easy to lose due to their size. I swear apple fanboys will defend anything they do these days smh. :colonhash:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FFhjDX-DUew
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending