Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Would I struggle to get financed in the future due to course switch?

Announcements Posted on
Four hours left to win £100 of Amazon vouchers!! Don't miss out! Take our short survey to enter 24-10-2016
    • Thread Starter


    Sorry if this is a bit of a silly question, but currently I'm soon to start my 3 year BSc Mathematics course for which all the finances are sorted and looking good. However, I plan on switching my course to a MMath 5 year course which includes a placement year in the case that my first year goes well at university.

    My question is that if I was to switch the course, would that cause any possible circumstances under which I would be unable to receive further loans towards the final year of my 5 year programme? Is it common for Master's student to get rejected for finances? How would I go about informing this change to my course?

    I've just heard some rumours from a few places and would like to get this cleared up.


    Hi there.

    So long as you still naturally progress through the years of the course, you will still have funding for all years and even still retain your +1 year.

    i.e, you complete year 1 of the BSc and transfer to year 2 of the MMath.

    When you complete year 1 you'll have to reapply for year 2, so when applying you simply have to input the new course details and your Uni will send over information to state you have transferred also.

Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 8, 2016
What do you wear to bed?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.