Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Oxford Brookes University or BPP for GDL?

Announcements Posted on
Last day to win £100 of Amazon vouchers - don't miss out! Take our quick survey to enter 24-10-2016

Dear all,

I have been offered a place to study my GDL at Oxford Brookes & BPP University and it is a bit difficult to choose. I need to commute one day per week to Oxford and reduce my working hours whereas BPP offer evening classes and much flexible time to attend classes.

Please feel free to write your opinions and suggestions.

Thank you

At either institution I guess you'll have to pay won't you?

BPP offer much more flexible times, I think they even do a thoroughly online GDL course too? When I did the GDL I used the online tutorials to revise and they had people tuning in from Singapore, America, France etc. Another option for you perhaps?

The BPP will guarantee you a place on the LPC when you finish the GDL if that is what you want to do?

Attend some open days if you haven't already, it might help you to make up your mind, but don't be distracted by bright colours and statistics, some of them are more specific than you think - such as x% of our students are in employment within three months of graduating (note that is 'in employment' - it isn't necessarily in *legal* employment).

Hi Mimir

Thank you for your reply and suggestions. It is a bit difficult decision as I would like to study at Oxford Brookes but in the meantime I can do a full time job and study a flexible part-time GDL at BPP. Yes LPC is the root that I would like to follow. Do you think that studying at BPP University are more opportunities in terms of connections and law firms?

Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 11, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather find

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.