The Student Room Group

Dropped out of course but still getting Student Loan payments

So basically after a lot of thought, I decided to take a year out after leaving high school because I am still very unsure of what I want to achieve with my life. This decision was made AFTER i had completed my SAAS application(with the student loan). I have tried to get into contact and cancel it numerous times before my first installment was scheduled to jump into my bank account , however was met with no reply whatsoever and now I have £700+ that I desperately don't want with much more to follow. I've tried using their website's help system where you send in the problem via the page and they are supposed to email you back as soon as they see it. I've done this twice now, once before the payment and once after it... Nothing. I don't know what to do in this situation and I have no idea what this will mean for me in the future when I may actually need to take out a student loan. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
Original post by IanM578
So basically after a lot of thought, I decided to take a year out after leaving high school because I am still very unsure of what I want to achieve with my life. This decision was made AFTER i had completed my SAAS application(with the student loan). I have tried to get into contact and cancel it numerous times before my first installment was scheduled to jump into my bank account , however was met with no reply whatsoever and now I have £700+ that I desperately don't want with much more to follow. I've tried using their website's help system where you send in the problem via the page and they are supposed to email you back as soon as they see it. I've done this twice now, once before the payment and once after it... Nothing. I don't know what to do in this situation and I have no idea what this will mean for me in the future when I may actually need to take out a student loan. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

1) Keep the money because they are entitled to ask for it back
2) Phone SAAS if you haven't already

Quick Reply

Latest