Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

anyone commuting from London to Essex Uni? would you recommend it?

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
Last day to win £100 of Amazon vouchers - don't miss out! Take our quick survey to enter 24-10-2016

hey guys, I live in London and i was thinking of commuting from London, instead of going to live in campus, the uni told me a lot of people commute, so it should be fine.

is any one commuting from London? is it expensive and how can you lower the cost?

please help, all advice would be appreciated!!!!!!!!

You will find that a lot of people commute to Essex Uni so you won't be alone.

The best way to save money on traveling is perhaps to invest in a 16-25 railcard which can be brought online and at train stations as well. If you buy it online through NUS (national union of students) you can get it even cheaper.

It may be a good idea to look at the train operators website (https://www.abelliogreateranglia.co.uk) to see if it would be cheaper to purchase a season ticket- which would work out cheaper if you are traveling in to uni around 4-5 days per week.

The university also has links with the local bus company so that students here can get a heavily discounted bus pass.

Have you also heard about the Homewarming event on Friday 16th for students who are commuting to Essex (its a good way to get to know other commuters).You can book for it here: https://www.essex.ac.uk/outreach/onl...e_warming.aspx

Hope this helps.
    Get back in touch if you have any more questions

Hi I am going to have to commute from London to Colchester as well. From Ilford to be exact. Going to cost me around £15 each day ( with the 16-25 railcard)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 23, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather find

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.