The Student Room Group

Tips and advice for Year 12?

I'll be officially starting Year 12 in a few days and I was wondering if there are any ex-Sixth Formers (or current Sixth Formers) who have words of wisdom to bestow upon a newbie? Advice on how to maintain old friendships/studies etc. Just Sixth Form life in general! :-)
A-levels are much harder than GCSEs, that's for sure :wink: so if you plan to apply for a top uni your engagement in the subjects is vital. Otherwise, plan for getting a job once A-levels are done.

Maintaining friendships? Like you weren't ever told this in the past, but it requires both persons to make the effort to.
Reply 2
Original post by shawn_o1
A-levels are much harder than GCSEs, that's for sure :wink: so if you plan to apply for a top uni your engagement in the subjects is vital. Otherwise, plan for getting a job once A-levels are done.

Maintaining friendships? Like you weren't ever told this in the past, but it requires both persons to make the effort to.

Thank you! I'll be sure to take the 'work hard' advice on board! And actually STICK to it, unlike in my GCSEs where I just wasn't all that bothered lol.

And yeah, I agree on the friendship thing. Naturally, I'm just anxious me and my friends might drift off once we're surrounded by new people. But we've managed to stick close together for 3-4 years so I think we'll be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest