The Student Room Group

Will student finance money come in on time to pay the rent?

Hi,

I've just received my offer of accommodation from Warwick and I had a question about the rent and student finance. I opened a student account yesterday and changed my bank details on the SFE website. Warwick rent is due on 3rd October and my SFE money is due to come in on the same day, but I've read that it can take up to 5 working days for the money to come through and I'm wondering if it'll be okay and in time to pay the rent because I don't want to pay any late charges for accommodation. And will having changed my bank details delay anything?

I've had lots of problems with SFE in the past with miscommunication and I don't want anything to go wrong at the last minute.
Hi there.

We will always schedule your payment for the first date of your term that your college/university has listed.

We rely on your college/uni submitting confirmation that you have began the course to us before we can make payment, so if they send this to us on or after the 3rd of October your payment can take an additional 3-5 days from the date of receipt of the confirmation.

Thanks
Original post by Brian SFE
Hi there.

We will always schedule your payment for the first date of your term that your college/university has listed.

We rely on your college/uni submitting confirmation that you have began the course to us before we can make payment, so if they send this to us on or after the 3rd of October your payment can take an additional 3-5 days from the date of receipt of the confirmation.

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for clearing that up. I just remembered that student finance were also handling my Warwick bursary and I got my confirmation letter from them quite a few months ago. I was assuming that the bank details changing would affect the bursary payment as well, but I just checked and on the bottom of the letter it says that I should call to discuss changes in bank details. I wasn't sure how much of a delay that would cause and I was hoping you could clear that bit up for me too. I'm sorry about asking so many questions. It just took me forever to get student finance sorted out in the first place and I don't want to ruin everything at the last minute.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending