The Student Room Group
Reply 1
There's a nice b&b quite near my house, I'll find out its name.

Alternatively, for a nice hotel go for The Royal Cambridge, though it's expensive (it's next to the Engineering dept. and opposite my old school, though that's probably not that helpful for you). Or The Gonville (near the swimming pool), The Lensfield Hotel (pretty close to the Royal Cambridge, smaller and quieter) or The Regent (nearest the centre of town, expensive but nice).

Are you looking more at a B&B or hotel?
Reply 2
hitchhiker_13
I just wondered if any of you know of any nice places to stay in Cambridge for a couple of nights, maybe somewhere your parents might stay if they're visiting or something.

Ideally it should be reasonably priced, near the town centre, and generally nice and friendly.

Any help would be very much appreciated and rewarded with rep.
Thank you.

The Crowne Plaza just behind the 'Corn Exchange' so within two minutes walk of the centre.

It is a nice hotel with gym facilities and although it can be expensive it sometimes does fantastic 'specials'. Check if out on the web.

ps - they even park your car for you after you pull up at the front entrance!
Reply 3
hitchhiker_13
I just wondered if any of you know of any nice places to stay in Cambridge for a couple of nights, maybe somewhere your parents might stay if they're visiting or something.

Ideally it should be reasonably priced, near the town centre, and generally nice and friendly.

Any help would be very much appreciated and rewarded with rep.
Thank you.

The Arundel House Hotel is apparently quite nice, and is affiliated with a cheaper B & B right next door (I have forgotten the name, but the info should be somewhere on the website). Both are within 10 mins walk of the city.
Reply 4
I stayed in the Railway Lodge (Tenison Road) for a night at Easter this year. It was something like £35 for the night, and was nice enough. It wasn't bang in the middle of the city (though was VERY near the station), but it wasn't away out on the outskirts either.

I found it on the web somewhere, just google for `Cambridge guest houses' or something.
Thanks for the help everyone, although some of those sound kind of expensive! It's for an open day in September.
I'll check them all out.
If anyone else has any suggestions, I'd be glad to hear them.

(I'll go through the rep day by day, so it might take a little while.)
RxB

Are you looking more at a B&B or hotel?

More for a B&B, as I only intend to sleep there really - no meals or anything.
This looks nice: http://www.sleeperz.com - Very modern and yet cheap.

Check out the hotels here: http://www.s-h-systems.co.uk/a51582.html

However if the pictures are manky quality and old fashioned, I'd stay away from them because the hotel is usually like this and dirty. I've found that modern hotels are always clean and comfortable.

Also most hotels/guesthouses seem to think we run to the town centre, and come up with really short times to get to the city centre, so use www.multimap.com to check how many miles it is really.

Latest

Trending

Trending