The Student Room Group
Reply 1
My mate is just starting to do this, I guess you should just start off by finding all your work...(articles for student mag etc.)
Reply 2
I'm trying (and struggling) to do the same thing! :rolleyes: Let me know if you find any answers!
*skye*
hey, anyone does/did journalism? If so, i need advice about putting together a portfolio, i figured i might as well organise my stuff somehow! lol ... okay, how? and with what?

Any advice welcome! :smile:

Like this.
Reply 4
Jools

That is brilliant Jools.
Do you have an offline paper version of your portfolio as well?
I have a folder of scruffy paper clippings, but online is the 'clean' way forward. I've never needed to present them in paper format, it's a lot easier to email people with a url link.
And how many national headlines have you contributed to, Sir?
Lord Gnostic
Medicore, yes, but not as medicore as "iz it becayse Iz a bloody coon? A study on why black people can't even get into Oxbridge despite PC madness by Jools"

I'm working on this right now for my dissertation; have had some very contrasting viewpoints. Why do you think "black people can't even get into Oxbridge despite PC madness" then?
Reply 8
Lord Gnostic
I think that one has to bastardise and devalue the word "brilliant" if we are to use it to describe jool's little list of mediocrity.

Well, then I think we need to accord more value to the term "mediocrity" if it's going to apply to a wide-ranging list of well-written and interesting articles
Cheers. Another good dissertation quote. Along with Bono's "Good job I'm not Bangladeshi".
Reply 10
Egypt contributed nothing to civilisation? It was civilization at one time.
Reply 11
Lord Gnostic
Egyptians are not negroid. Negros are not the only race in Africa. The discussion is about blacks, not Egyptians.

Then be specific, Africa is not just negros.
Lord Gnostic
If the Africans are less evolved than non-Africans then we should expect nature to naturally select in favour of the latter and to remove the former.

Question: is this happening?

Answer: yes.

In the Sudan the Arabs are advancing and replacing the blacks. In sub-Saharan Africa nature is busy destroying blacks by every means possible - aids, disease, famine etc.

A people who permanently depend for their existence upon on the handouts of others is neither independent or dignified, nor has a future. The Africans' days on this earth are numbered, just as one day our time will be numbered to allow a more evolved people to replace us.

But hang on... http://www.photius.com/wfb1999/rankings/population_growth_0.html - Despite the African crises, their population is growing faster than ever. For percentage growth the black race is the fastest growing on the planet (especially black Africans).
Lord Gnostic
Only 3 out of the top 10 countries with the highest population growth are black countries.

If you exclude the small islands you get a general pattern - African countries have the highest growth, then you see South America, Middle East and Asia, then the NICs (eg Singapore, South Korea), with Western Europe approaching 0 and much of Eastern Europe in negative figures.
Lord Gnostic
Genetics. It can be the only explanation. The Africans for thousands of years have been a failed people - they have contributed nothing, absolutely nothing, to civilisation. The races that left Africa - Indo-Europeans and Asians - have clearly evolved faster than Africans.

50 years ago Britain gave independence to Asian and African countries. The former have excelled, the latter have gone backwards.

50 years ago Britain allowed millions of Asians and Africans came into this country. The former have contributed much and have been very successful economically and educationally; the latter have, again, gone backwards.

It's the same pattern everywhere -whether it is America, continental Europe, or the Caribbean, Africans, especially males, amount to nothing, absolutely nothing no matter what insane PC policy and active “positive discrimination” is inaugurated.

Such a consistent history of failure can only be accounted for in biological terms. .

No. This does not follow.
Reply 15
hey.. hmm....Jools- i have to say ur online portfolio is very impressive i think! :biggrin:

However, im not actually looking to do journalism as a career for the timebeing... Ive done some work experience placements at newspaper places previously, you see.. written loadsa articles and such like. I just wondered how ur meant to organise them (ie non-webpage wise) if that makes sense, into a portfolio for future reference. :smile:

Is cutting the articles out and sticking them into a scrapbook/ or arranging them into those binder things with plastic wallets sufficient? What do u need to head them as? do u put like :Where? When? etc

Yeah you don't need anything fancy - just a ring binder with clippings in plastic wallets.

Latest

Trending

Trending