The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Economics at UEA

I am due to start a Bsc Economics degree in a few weeks, however I am starting to worry about the maths side of economics. Can any 2nd and 3rd years please tell me how difficult it is?
Original post by JoshFlySon
I am due to start a Bsc Economics degree in a few weeks, however I am starting to worry about the maths side of economics. Can any 2nd and 3rd years please tell me how difficult it is?

Assuming the structure is the same as last year, depending on whether or not you did A level maths, you'll be put into one of two groups. Can't talk for the for Intro to Maths & Stats group, for those who didn't do Maths A level, but from what I heard about that, there isn't anything to worry about.

If you did do A level Maths, then the Maths & Stats is a little harder and faster paced, however, I'd say the most difficult thing in their is differentiation, and if you did alright at A level maths, then again, absolutely nothing to worry about.

In terms of outside lecture support, they're actually really good at offering extra sessions each week, as well as some other support sessions nearer exam time, which is all really helpful if you need a bit of extra help!
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending