The Student Room Group

Re-mark Resit Redo Help Help Help

In June I did my AS level Religious Studies (WJEC exam board) exams, with a paper for philosophy and a paper for ethics. My target grade was an A and I scored this consistently throughout. I had been suffering from a personal circumstance throughout the months leading to exams so I had special consideration of 5% applied for, although I don't know if this counted or not towards my final grade (it is at their discretion if they accept the application or not).
In ethics I got 91/100, above the 80 needed for an A. Yet in philosophy I got 78, just TWO BELOW the border for a B. This lead me to get a B overall. Most people in the class got D's or E's in this paper.

The teachers were baffled because of the poor marks so sent a random sample of papers for remark. I assumed mine would be, because, logically, it is close to the boundary, but today I found out it was not. If I want to send for remark myself, it will cost £50. Alternatively, a resit will cost around the same.

Problem is, I don't want to continue r.s. after a-level so an A* isn't necessary, although very desirable to me. Is there any point in re-sitting the paper I did worse on ? Meaning, will it dramatically affect my chance of getting an A*, if I was only 2 off an A in my entire AS? I have kind of ruled out paying £50 for a remark on principle!

Thank ya x
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest