The Student Room Group

QMUL vs UCL Physics

I have read on the QMUL physics website that they offer £3000 per year (=£9000 for 3 years) for any person achieving AAA for A2 for physics, which I am likely to get, I also want to apply to UCL. If I get AAA would you advise me to go for UCL or QMUL
QMUL is rubbish for physics, pretty sure they lowered their requirements to like BBC for clearing this year or something.

This isn't a contest.
£3000 is chicken feed compared to the difference in salary expectations between UCL and QMUL grads. UCL grads will also have better prospects in research. You will massively regret going to QMUL if that's your only reason.
Original post by samendrag
I have read on the QMUL physics website that they offer £3000 per year (=£9000 for 3 years) for any person achieving AAA for A2 for physics, which I am likely to get, I also want to apply to UCL. If I get AAA would you advise me to go for UCL or QMUL

If finances are an issue then you'll do well to look at other unis to see who offer academic excellence awards of varying amounts (I'm aware Sussex offered a bursary for 3 A grades as well for example)
But although I disagree with the usual snobbery that QMUL is rubbish (it isn't, but its not premier league either, but they have been part of team that discovered Proxima B) you should be looking at the course suitability for you first and foremost

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending