Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Will I get rejected?

Announcements Posted on
Last day to win £100 of Amazon vouchers - don't miss out! Take our quick survey to enter 24-10-2016

So I want to do law at university maybe UCL or KCL and at the beginning of AS I was taking history, government and politics, psychology and sociology. After finding out the course content of history I decided to drop it and take religious studies instead. My AS grades are AAAB and I have predictions of A*A*(A*/A) Furthermore my EPQ is dedicated to law, it's titled "Should the state of Texas consider murder with the involvement of a firearm punishable by the death penalty?"
    The only problem is I do not take any facilitating subjects and I've heard that I Russell Group universities may reconsider their choice of applicant If they take "soft" subjects (more than 2) I understand law has no required subjects and that history and English literature can be taken but should I be worried?

Check the entry requirements. They should be on the website. No one on here can tell you otherwise.

I would imagine UCL being fussy on what you do at A level because of their prestige but am not sure to be honest. Not all of the Russell Group strictly state a need for 2 or more facilitating subjects.The only two I outright know from memory that ask for at least 2 facilitating subjects is University of Southampton and LSE. Oxbridge are likely the same. University of Manchester (where I am going for Law) welcome all subjects for example. Just best to check entry requirements page for all of the Russell Group and get in touch with UCL to check what they want. Best of luck!
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather find

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.