Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

(HELP) Will Student Finance Fund me

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

Hello everyone,

I have a few questions regarding my situation:
    I took a foundation degree at a university (passed it) and used the results to transfer to a better university. Started at year 1 and half failed the year, they are now telling me to take a year out and take the modules i failed again in the next upcoming academic year so from what i understand i wont be registered to the university because i'll be an external student (only paying for exams). The length of this course is 4 years.
    If i ask to repeat the year internally will sfe still fund the whole duration of my course because from what i understand itsduration of course + 1 - any previous years studied so is it gonna be:
    a) 4 + 1 -2 (because i did first year and a foundation year) or
    b) 4 + 1 -1 (just first year)
    c) So what im asking here is if i repeat the year internally will they fund me for 4 years?
    d) If i dont repeat the year and only take the exams as an external student i dont take money off sfe so when i do pass those exams and move onto 2nd year will sfe still fund the rest of the 3 years?
    And lastly regarding maintenance loans and grants if i take the exams externally will i still be eligible for maintenance loans and grants for the year where im not registered at the university but am taking external exams so my ID card and accounts at the university are still active and if yes will this affect my maintenance loans and grants for the duration of the course when im done with that external year and moving on to the other years of my course?

Sorry its long winded hoping an expert can help me here and answer all of my questions, thank you for the help in advance.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 9, 2016
I want...
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.