Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Distance Learning NEC

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad? Are they even worth it? Have your say! 26-10-2016

I really need some help now.

I have been going around all the reputable online distance learning companies and I'm also trying my luck with access courses at a college 2 hours away!

The National Extension College looked really promising in comparison to other companies as it offered to book exams at one of its partner centres. I have hugely struggled to find any nearby centres who would accept independent students for exams so this was an absolute godsend!

I've read reviews and now I'm not so sure. I've seen that the partner centres charge something like £100 per Unit for A-level? Others have claimed the centres they've found independently only charge £35 etc. But I can't find any others so I'm a little stuck!

The A-level's i'm looking at already cost £600 odd! Then I have to buy reading material on top of that. I've also heard rumors of mistakes in material and tutors being unhelpful and giving out below average advice for coursework and assignments.

Has anyone got experience and advice for me regarding the matter?

((I have also seen people on here talk about private tutors and buying the papers and doing it yourself, how would I go about that and what kind of price would that be??))
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Cats: Yay or nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.