The Student Room Group

I need 20 UCAS points

So I finished college in 2015 and at the time I was not at all interested in going to University, I completed a Level 3 BTEC in Business Studies with Merit-Merit which gives me 160 UCAS points but the course I want to do (Business Studies Degree) at Leeds Beckett Uni in 2017 requires 180 UCAS points.

I am also 3 months off finishing a Level 3 IT Technician Apprenticeship.

Going to Uni is only thing I want to do, is there any possible way to get extra UCAS points now I have left college?

Thanks in advance.
I'll tag someone who should know the answer to this
Original post by MiikeyKelly
So I finished college in 2015 and at the time I was not at all interested in going to University, I completed a Level 3 BTEC in Business Studies with Merit-Merit which gives me 160 UCAS points but the course I want to do (Business Studies Degree) at Leeds Beckett Uni in 2017 requires 180 UCAS points.

Going to Uni is only thing I want to do, is there any possible way to get extra UCAS points now I have left college?

Thanks in advance.

Ask the uni for advice
1: Ask the University
2: Take a short 30 credit Open University course
3: Take an A Level gain an A-C grade
4: if you are musical and have a grade 7 Distinction equals 20 points

That's all I can think of at the moment, hope it helps and good luck.
Reply 4

Thanks in advance.
@PobNotBob has made some useful suggestions above. I'd just emphasise the importance of checking with the uni what they would accept - they may be willing to take your apprenticeship into account. Unis that make tariff offers can still specify what they want qualifications the points to come from, and not all will accept music exams, for example.

Thanks in advance.

If you email our Admissions Team: [email protected] or give them a call (0113 8123113), they'll be able to give you some advice. Alternatively, you can message me and I'll give them a call to see what they suggest.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending