The Student Room Group

ADMIN: Mentoring system

I think the mentoring idea(#4) raised by Ethereal is fantastic. If you have any large objections to the idea, please voice it here.
I propose that on acceptance to the MUN, newcomers are assigned a mentor. I would PM the said mentor, and give their name to the newcomer. I think it could be an idea to match mentors to newcomers according to countries when applicable. For instance I might assign RK89 (Albania) to lodzinski (Russia), theoretically speaking.

I would like to have some consensus on this before I publish the n00b FAQ. Are members in support of this? If anybody is prepared to act as a mentor can you please sign up here.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hmm, I think it's a good idea but perhaps being assigned to a mentor should be voluntary?
Reply 2
Apollo
Hmm, I think it's a good idea but perhaps being assigned to a mentor should be voluntary?

Well I would refer them to somebody and tell them to PM the mentor if they had any questions. The follow through would be totally up to the new member, so they wouldn't have to go along with it if they didn't feel they needed it.
'tis a great idea :biggrin:
Reply 4
I'll act as a mentor - be stupid of me to have suggested it if I wouldn't :p:
I wouldn't mind helping out any new NGO representatives :smile:
Reply 6
Happy to act as a mentor.
Reply 7
good idea - i'd be happy to help.
Reply 8
Great idea, I'll sign up, but you'd need a huge influx of people to get down to me on the mentor list :wink:
Reply 9
Thanks guys :biggrin:
I'm cool with it, put my name down too! :smile:
Reply 11
I'm up for it.
Reply 12
Thanks to those of you who have offered to mentor. Following the largely positive response, I will now PM our newer members and get the ball rolling :smile:
Reply 13
Mentoring rota as follows:
Mentors in bold

Ethereal (South Africa) - happy cola (Austria) nish81 (Tanzania) rakesh (Iraq)
6+6=12 (Syria) - The Anthropologist (Tuvalu) and Catsmeat (Poland) robinson999 (Swaziland)
lodzinski (Russia) - Hopping Mad Kangaroo (Albania) Agrippa (Kyrgyzstan) matt54 (Kazakhstan)
ukebert (Liechtenstein) - Pechorin (Azerbaijan) AerisYuna (Finland) h.a.m.s.a (Libya) -M$ Ultr@- (Saudi Arabia)
alasdair_R (United Kingdom) - DJR (Switzerland) veggie4life (Australia)
Nefarious (Tonga) - shaf90 (Zambia) The Vatican City (Hubert Poo)
brimstone (India) - cabso1 (Singapore)
Nightowl - Darkened Angel (Canada)
Misunderstood_Beauty (France) - logical_zombie (Bangladesh) vaseand (Ukraine)
wackysparkle (WHO) - Erradhadh (ICJ)
UnaChance (USA) - blue bubbles (Nepal)

Just to help everybody keep track :smile:
Reply 14
I thought I had two?

Plus, robinson999 can't receive or send PMs, so I don't think it would work.
Reply 15
A Y Z
I thought I had two?

Plus, robinson999 can't receive or send PMs, so I don't think it would work.

You also have LGoddard, but he emailed to tell me he's too busy for MUN right now. And robinson999 has a two week ban, so it will work when he comes back :wink:
Reply 16
LOL @ AYAZ he's scaring them off already!!
Reply 17
Yaaar! :biggrin:

Two young minds to mould to my will :ninja:
Reply 18
We could use a few more volunteers if anybody's interested.
*volunteers with a feeling he's going to regret it*

Latest

Trending

Trending