Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

High salary and honest people, is it possible?

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

(Original post by TrojanH)

ive just realised

your a freak

1) who ****ing cares if they leave the office or not. like why do you give such a huge pile of **** about what sort of faces they make at you? i cant believe ive just read that from a working man

2) maybe you send the wrong tone, maybe they assume its romantic, perhaps they're more comfortable in larger groups as less time is spent on their focus, who ****ing knows man and more importantly who cares, the fact they are willing to go out with you in groups is more than enough to outright show they likely don't hate you the same way you think they do

3) if people aren't taking you seriously you can either take yourself more seriously or meet different people

4) dont be so PC, some people just aren't witty enough for clever jokes and try their best to make you smile with stupid ****. appreciate what they do for you.

5) steotyping is bad. its sheep mentality. why dont you just break their stereotypes for them and literally broaden their mind set?

6) tbf they can flaunt what they want. it says i worked hard to get where i am today and this is proof of that. people ask for respect in many different ways and thats one of them.

i cant be bothered responding to each of your points because its so stupid man. you're what, 22? 23? i honestly couldn't tell you weren't a 12 year old describing how they didnt like their first week of school.

(Original post by biglad2k16)
    I'd probably stay away from banking if I were you. Why not medicine? It's hard but it's pretty much the only job I've shard of which has both the things you asked for.
    Yes, medicine sounds nice.

(Original post by Joinedup)
    Might have been unlucky in your placement - sales can be full of spouters, engineers are usually pretty honest though. if you don't like being in the office maybe some sort of field service job unrelated to sales would be better (and bring a company car)

largely sounds like you're being a bit unrealistic though, maybe get a hobby to make you happy.
    Engineers are the only people I have worked with and I find them horrible and dishonest.

(Original post by #ChaosKass)
    And what, exactly, is wrong with being proud of your salary? These people have worked their backsides off to earn the high wages they do, let them flaunt it all they like for all I care.

Same with being Conservative - if you're earning a large amount of money, why would you want the government to steal a significant proportion of it and spend it on nonsense such as welfare payments and foreign aid? Right-wing parties and Trump are the way to go, if you care about your money.
    Oh ok, you're going on the ignore list.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

I want...
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.