The Student Room Group

Art or Maths

I just finished my first week as a year 12, and I took maths, and I'm finding it super difficult. I got an A at GSCE (after sacrificing my pe theory grade to get more maths revision oops), but a level is so much harder. My class just seem to get everything straight away, so the teacher moves on, even if I say anything, because I don't understand. I've been at lunch to try and catch up but I just don't understand it.

My point is, I'm thinking of swapping maths for art, as I got an A* at GSCE and I know it would be the same teacher. Should I swap? I'm already doing chemistry so that's kind of "mathsy" if I do decide to go to uni.

I don't know whether I should swap or not.
Original post by Pendragons
I just finished my first week as a year 12, and I took maths, and I'm finding it super difficult. I got an A at GSCE (after sacrificing my pe theory grade to get more maths revision oops), but a level is so much harder. My class just seem to get everything straight away, so the teacher moves on, even if I say anything, because I don't understand. I've been at lunch to try and catch up but I just don't understand it.

My point is, I'm thinking of swapping maths for art, as I got an A* at GSCE and I know it would be the same teacher. Should I swap? I'm already doing chemistry so that's kind of "mathsy" if I do decide to go to uni.

I don't know whether I should swap or not.

Do not swap, as a level maths will be really useful for you in the future whilst art will be a be less useful unless you are planning on doing a job with art involved.If i were you i would stick with maths, you might find it hard at first but hopefully it will get easier.

Quick Reply

Latest