Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Could someone clarify/verify if this is true with regrads to grant/loan/bursary

Announcements Posted on
Four hours left to win £100 of Amazon vouchers!! Don't miss out! Take our short survey to enter 24-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    My parents have been stating a point that the government can 'give' you £3000 for you to study at university, and backing up by claiming a son of his friend did it; my landlord is also saying something similar... but I am not sure since there are quite a lot of questions remaining, e.g conditions? Surely the government won't accept every application or it would be infeasible(10000 UK students = 1 billion pounds?). i have been searching for key words on the internet, such as £3000 grant/loan/bursary/accommodation and found not much about it, since I don't even know what form of finance support it would be.

    So may I ask if anyone may clarify this for me and that would be amazing! Thank you so much for your attention as well!

    Not heard of such a thing.

    You can get bursaries from your uni if you're from a low income. These vary from uni to uni. And there are scholarships.

    Every student who is from England is entitled to a loan of at least around £3800 for living costs plus £9000 for tuition fees. Maybe that's what they mean?
    • Thread Starter

    Thank you so much for your reply! Do you need to pay back the money as other loans if your income exceeds certain limit?
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 10, 2016
What do you wear to bed?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.