The Student Room Group

Ideal Shoes for Debenhams.

I just got an induction day at Debenhams as a Christmas temp. I'm working for the gift department so it's a mixture of sales and stockroom. I want to buy shoes before the induction as I wear high heels to my interviews that I can only walk in for like 20 mins. What shoes should I buy so that I can wear them when I work?
Original post by Orahap
I just got an induction day at Debenhams as a Christmas temp. I'm working for the gift department so it's a mixture of sales and stockroom. I want to buy shoes before the induction as I wear high heels to my interviews that I can only walk in for like 20 mins. What shoes should I buy so that I can wear them when I work?

Make sure they're black, smart, comfortable, and cover your whole foot. That's what the criteria was when I worked retail at Christmas :smile:
Original post by Orahap

Congrats! Which store you working at? I just got a call to say I have a Christmas temp job also, it's also in the gift department at my store! This comment is probably too late but I would wear fully black shoes, small heel or flat

If you get a uniform can you let me know what it's like?
Smart black shoes for the induction!

But I don't think you should wear them to work. You're gunna be on your feet, working during a busy period, probably a 6/8 hour shift as overtime would be given to everyone. I would actually say wear converses.

I work at Primark, it can get pretty stressful there, and I am so glad I wear converses rather than flats. I think I've only ever work flats on my first two shifts and then ditched them after. Others that work with me feel the same.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending