The Student Room Group

Dyslexia assessment - what do I need to know

Hi,

Im at uni and I've been reffered to a educational psychologist to test whether I am dyslexic or not. I have seriously struggled for the past two years and to be honest I have always struggled even at school and college and yet no-one thought anything of it.

I did go to a private school (up until year 9) where I received lots of support, unfortunately this support ended when my parents decided to take me to a public school: this may explain why I did really bad at my GCSE :frown:

I'm not quite sure what to expect at this assessment. Has anyone been and what is it like if you have had one?

Thanks in advance
Original post by -Mona-
Hi,

Im at uni and I've been reffered to a educational psychologist to test whether I am dyslexic or not. I have seriously struggled for the past two years and to be honest I have always struggled even at school and college and yet no-one thought anything of it.

I did go to a private school (up until year 9) where I received lots of support, unfortunately this support ended when my parents decided to take me to a public school: this may explain why I did really bad at my GCSE :frown:

I'm not quite sure what to expect at this assessment. Has anyone been and what is it like if you have had one?

Thanks in advance

The assessment will involve things like reading tests, memory tests and processing speed tests. Mine took about 2 hours, it was pretty tiring but they do give you a very detailed report at the end with specific into your strengths and weaknesses.

Quick Reply

Latest