The Student Room Group

Kicked out of uni, reapplying again? Help!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by F000S
How many more years will student finance fund me for?

If you've only had this one attempt at uni, you will have enough SF to start a new degree from scratch.

However, you have no more than that, so if you want to end up with a degree, you can't afford another false start or a retake year. It's very important that you get your next attempt right. Unless you can afford to fund yourself through a year or two (including tuition fees) it's going to be your last attempt.

All the more reason to take a step back and really think about what you're doing. You can get full Student Finance up to the age of 60. There's no immediate rush. You don't have to go to a uni near you, so don't limit yourself like that.
Original post by F000S

3 years I think, I'm not too sure.
Original post by F000S

Length of course + 1 year - years taken
Reply 23
Original post by Klix88
If you've only had this one attempt at uni, you will have enough SF to start a new degree from scratch.

However, you have no more than that, so if you want to end up with a degree, you can't afford another false start or a retake year. It's very important that you get your next attempt right. Unless you can afford to fund yourself through a year or two (including tuition fees) it's going to be your last attempt.

All the more reason to take a step back and really think about what you're doing. You can get full Student Finance up to the age of 60. There's no immediate rush. You don't have to go to a uni near you, so don't limit yourself like that.

Thanks for the advice!
Reply 24
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Length of course + 1 year - years taken

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending