The Student Room Group

Newcastle GEM 2017

Hi

I could only find the thread for the 5 year course at Newcastle so I thought I would open a new one for GEM.

Anyway... Applying to Newcastle as I surprisingly got a better UKCAT than expected (810).

Scroll to see replies

I am. Can only apply for Warwick and Newcastle. Brilliant score by the way.
Original post by ASupertramp
I am. Can only apply for Warwick and Newcastle. Brilliant score by the way.

What UKCAT score did you end up with?
What degree do you all have?
Medical Science and you?
Original post by Member1995
Medical Science and you?

I haven't graduated yet but I'm aiming for Medicinal Chemistry :smile:
Interesting! Good luck :smile:
Reply 7
Going to start my final year of Immunology and Microbiology on Monday. :smile:
Original post by mamly042
Going to start my final year of Immunology and Microbiology on Monday. :smile:

I bet that's interesting, what makes you want to go into medicine?
What UKCAT score did you end up with?

Haven't done it yet.

Degree in Law, Masters in Medical Law and Ethics.
gz on the high scores! biochem bsc/phd here. have you guys submitted your ucas yet or waiting for October?
Reply 11
Original post by Hugh Laurie
gz on the high scores! biochem bsc/phd here. have you guys submitted your ucas yet or waiting for October?

I am pretty much done with my UCAS and got my reference yesterday but don`t feel like submitting it just yet. I don`t quite know what i am waiting for it just seems super early.
Original post by mamly042
I am pretty much done with my UCAS and got my reference yesterday but don`t feel like submitting it just yet. I don`t quite know what i am waiting for it just seems super early.

wait i thought you just need to give the contact details for the references, or do you actually need them written to include in the UCAS app?
Reply 13
Original post by Hugh Laurie
wait i thought you just need to give the contact details for the references, or do you actually need them written to include in the UCAS app?

I just wanted to get it done nice and early. Also on the UCAS website it states:

'Keep in touch with your referee to make sure the reference is completed in time, and then you’ll be able to pay your application fee and send your application to us.' (https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/how-get-ucas-undergraduate-reference)

So I just assumed that it had to be all done before the 15th.
(edited 7 years ago)
Guys is 717 average score worth it to apply for GEM at Newcastle...?
Original post by saudkhan2508
Guys is 717 average score worth it to apply for GEM at Newcastle...?

That's a tough one. Last year it was 720 but the average has gone down this year. However, we will never be certain what their cutoffs will be as they go on who apply. I'm not far off you and I'm debating it also.
Reply 16
I'm also applying! Neuroscience undergraduate w 767 UKCAT.
Original post by sophmlg
I'm also applying! Neuroscience undergraduate w 767 UKCAT.

Definite interview! Well done :smile:
Reply 18
Definite interview! Well done :smile:

Thank you! I'm very aware of how few places there are on the course though, fingers crossed!
Original post by sophmlg
Thank you! I'm very aware of how few places there are on the course though, fingers crossed!

As am I, it was definitely my gamble choice x

Quick Reply

Latest