The Student Room Group

Honestly feel like a failure :'(

Hey people of TSR :wink:

Yup this is another episode of :

"OMFGZ EYEVE MESSED UP MY ECKZAMZZZZ!!shift1one"

Im so sorry but I really need to get this off my chest.

In the summer I had these exams:

C1 (MEI)
C2 (MEI)
Mechanics (MEI)
Stats (MEI)
Physics (OCR) - Waves & Radiation
- Electrons & Photons
Philosophy(AQA) - Satre's Existentialism & Humanism,
- Theory of Knowledge
- Moral Ethics

From the top...

C1 - I got a C in January, so I retook it. But this one turned out to be a bit harder than i thought. I think i got no better than another C.. If not worse. :frown:

C2 - Spent MONTHS revising, but a lot of peculiar and crappy random questions came up and i found the paper extremely odd and dissapointing.....

Mechanics - I revised so hard for this and was so confident, I was getting A's/B's in mocks, but on the day, I kinda panicked becuase of the amount of time i had, and as a result i left out alot of the higher mark questions, which REALLY puts me down :frown::frown:

Stats - This exam I am proud of I felt like I had 100% in it :smile:. But i still have the feeling that I will get a B or something...

Waves & Radiation - No Problems with this :smile: (but screwed up on the CW which was 15% of the mark) :frown:

Electrons and Photons - Same as above :smile::smile:

Satre: Good God, such an EASY paper, with the 24 mark question being the most basic thing there is to learn about Satre. My mind just blocked itself and i couldnt think of anything for a good while and I feel i messed it up:frown:

Theory of Knowledge - The part i feel i did OKAY on...

Moral ethics - Meh, I think maybe i screwed up on this :frown:

But with Philosophy, my teacher says I am one of the brightest in his class and I cant help thinking about all sorts of things Philosophically. I really do love that subject :smile:. But whats gonna happen when they see my results:frown::frown::frown: My class is not exactly too bright either so my teacher was kinda hopin on me....

I still have to redo my Forces & Motion module for physics (In January i got an E) (My 1st E EVER). But what i am sad about is that I never get bad results, my family is depending on me to get good results and to go to a good uni. But the ones i want to go to are asking for AAA, AAB etc. So I NEED every module mark I can get.

I am sooooooo nervous on results day, and i am never usually nervous about ANYTHING. I have no idea what to say to my parents, especially my dad.

I find A levels a big Jump from GCSE's but i reckon that next year i will work my ass off so hard it will run away from me.

It may seem like there is no point to this post, but I just HAD to tell someone :frown::frown:

/rant
Reply 1
I share some of your sentiments. I did five exams and i did both AS and A2 in one shot. I had over 2o exams in such limited time. I studied relly hard but i still can't the feeling away that i haven't done well. I think about results everyday/ But there's noting we can do to change the grades we're gonan get, but we can always hope for the best and resits are another option.(at least for you)
Reply 2
Try not to feel pressured by others, I know its hard but you don't need to think about what your parents want. It's about what you want.
And as for Exams...there are plenty of opportunities to retake modules...well 2 opportunities, next January, and June. The second time round you will know where you went wrong the first, and this will be an advantage to you!
Doesnt Matter Coz U Can Resit All Of Them, And U Have To Relearn Them For Synoptics Anyway.
Reply 4
when people always think about past exams they have taken they always only think of the things they did wrong in it or the things they missed out or the things they didn't remember etc (are you getting me drift!!!!) BUT they never think about the stuff they did do right, which is often comparitively a lot compared to the stuff they did wrong. I do this all the time, for example, my Chemistry pratical paper went bad, i did one question completely wrong and knoe that if i get half marks on that question i will be lucky, and this is all i ever think about and all i ever tell people when they ask how did your exam go. But if i think about it, on the first 2 questions i did ok, i answered everything and wasn't too stuck on it, so on the whole i have probably done better that i first thought.
However, i do sympathise with you as i know what it feels like, but there is nothing you can do about it until results day!!!!!!!! Don't try to think about what the school will think or your parents (even though it is hard not to) and try an enjoy these last two weeks until the results!!!:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
I'm sure you've done better than you think. People generally do because the more distant the exams and the closer the results, the more you focus on the mistakes you made or the questions you left out rather than the ones you answered well. You provide an example of that because you originally thought you got full marks on your statistics exam, but now you think you got a B. It could also be a subconscious thing- if you lower your expectations, you also lower the risk of disappointment, so it pays to be a pessimist. In any case, there's nothing you can do about your results now, so you might as well do your best to forget about them, relax and enjoy the summer. Everyone finds the gap from GCSE to AS hard, and even if your results are lower than you want, you can resit some modules in January to pull them up. You don't have to put your AS grades on your UCAS form if it's not your school/college policy to cash them in or if you choose to decline them, and you can convince your teachers to predict you higher than your AS grades, so you can still get offers from top unis.
Reply 6
subzero90
Hey people of TSR :wink:

Yup this is another episode of :

"OMFGZ EYEVE MESSED UP MY ECKZAMZZZZ!!shift1one"

Im so sorry but I really need to get this off my chest.

In the summer I had these exams:

C1 (MEI)
C2 (MEI)
Mechanics (MEI)
Stats (MEI)
Physics (OCR) - Waves & Radiation
- Electrons & Photons
Philosophy(AQA) - Satre's Existentialism & Humanism,
- Theory of Knowledge
- Moral Ethics

From the top...

C1 - I got a C in January, so I retook it. But this one turned out to be a bit harder than i thought. I think i got no better than another C.. If not worse. :frown:

C2 - Spent MONTHS revising, but a lot of peculiar and crappy random questions came up and i found the paper extremely odd and dissapointing.....

Mechanics - I revised so hard for this and was so confident, I was getting A's/B's in mocks, but on the day, I kinda panicked becuase of the amount of time i had, and as a result i left out alot of the higher mark questions, which REALLY puts me down :frown::frown:

Stats - This exam I am proud of I felt like I had 100% in it :smile:. But i still have the feeling that I will get a B or something...

Waves & Radiation - No Problems with this :smile: (but screwed up on the CW which was 15% of the mark) :frown:

Electrons and Photons - Same as above :smile::smile:

Satre: Good God, such an EASY paper, with the 24 mark question being the most basic thing there is to learn about Satre. My mind just blocked itself and i couldnt think of anything for a good while and I feel i messed it up:frown:

Theory of Knowledge - The part i feel i did OKAY on...

Moral ethics - Meh, I think maybe i screwed up on this :frown:

But with Philosophy, my teacher says I am one of the brightest in his class and I cant help thinking about all sorts of things Philosophically. I really do love that subject :smile:. But whats gonna happen when they see my results:frown::frown::frown: My class is not exactly too bright either so my teacher was kinda hopin on me....

I still have to redo my Forces & Motion module for physics (In January i got an E) (My 1st E EVER). But what i am sad about is that I never get bad results, my family is depending on me to get good results and to go to a good uni. But the ones i want to go to are asking for AAA, AAB etc. So I NEED every module mark I can get.

I am sooooooo nervous on results day, and i am never usually nervous about ANYTHING. I have no idea what to say to my parents, especially my dad.

I find A levels a big Jump from GCSE's but i reckon that next year i will work my ass off so hard it will run away from me.

It may seem like there is no point to this post, but I just HAD to tell someone :frown::frown:

/rant

Your results might not be as bad you think. You would not be normal if you thought your exams went perfectly and you could not have done anything differently. But there is no point dwelling on what mistakes you made and what problems you had in the exams because it will not change anything. Your exams will have all been marked by now and your grades decided, so there is nothing you can do to make the outcome any different. But what you can do is think positive about things and enjoy these next two weeks before results day. You will only regret it if you don't.

From reading your post, I can tell that you care a lot about what other people think and don't want to disappoint anyone on results day. This is only natural. To want to please your parents and teachers. However, at the end of the day, they will understand if you don't do as well as you hope, so you need not worry about their reactions :smile: .
Reply 7
Long post!
Reply 8
The fat lady doesn't start singing until August 16th. :wink:

Try not to stress out, just wait and see what happens when you open that results slip.

Latest