The Student Room Group

Where could I go?

Hi, I'm currently taking Maths, FM and Physics at A2 and got AAB in Maths, FM and Economics (currently being remarked as the B in Economics was very close to an A).

I will likely be predicted A*AA, but since I only revised a few days before each AS I'm pretty confident I can reach A*A*A if I don't spend all my frees playing minecraft.

I am trying to find good unis for me, but as I have only visited a couple I'm not really sure about the quality of teaching/campus/facilities available. Also, Imperial only offers "Computing" - is this regarded as less academic/rigorous than Computer Science?

I currently have as options: Imperial, Warwick, Bath, Bristol, UCL, Holloway and Durham.

Would anyone be able to kindly give their experiences at any of these universities or others, and also how likely I would be to get in?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Notch
Hi, I'm currently taking Maths, FM and Physics at A2 and got AAB in Maths, FM and Economics (currently being remarked as the B in Economics was very close to an A).

I will likely be predicted A*AA, but since I only revised a few days before each AS I'm pretty confident I can reach A*A*A if I don't spend all my frees playing minecraft.

I am trying to find good unis for me, but as I have only visited a couple I'm not really sure about the quality of teaching/campus/facilities available. Also, Imperial only offers "Computing" - is this regarded as less academic/rigorous than Computer Science?

I currently have as options: Imperial, Warwick, Bath, Bristol, UCL, Holloway and Durham.

Would anyone be able to kindly give their experiences at any of these universities or others, and also how likely I would be to get in?

my friend had similar grades in those courses, and he went onto do an engineering apprenticeship for TFL.

he's earning over 20k a year at the age of 19, and 45k after the apprenticeship.
I wish I had an interest in engineering so I couldve done thatbtoo

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Notch

With A*AA/A*A*A I would aim a bit higher than RHUL, personally.

If you have good GCSEs you could consider Oxford (A*AA)
Reply 3
Original post by Notch
Also, Imperial only offers "Computing" - is this regarded as less academic/rigorous than Computer Science?

Definitely not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Good to know that Computing is regarded as the same level, however the course seems to be quite different with more programming etc.

I got 6A*s 5As at GCSE, but I didn't apply to Oxbridge because they are so competitive and I only got 90 UMS average in Maths & 85 in FM. Also when I went to Oxford's computer science open day it seemed really small - is it new or just a small department?

Kinda regretting not putting in the effort at AS for Cambridge, but then again I'd still be the dumbest one there because I think so slowly (I didn't finish about half my exams and tend to spend a disproportionate time answering one question)
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending