Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Unibag delivery

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

Has anyone ever used a unibag type delivery to Aber uni. I was wondering if there is somewhere for it to be delivered before I arrive or do I need to be there to receive it?

whats unibag delivery ? couldn't you just use a standard delivery company like Yodel/ parcel force to deliver your things to uni ? just a thought

Unless the company has a storage facility in aber which you can go to (which I doubt), then you need to get it delivered to a specific address. If you (or someone else who can sign for you) isn't there, then they can't really do anything with it, and will probably have to take it back (and you may get charged for it too). If you know the address of where you are going to live (aka not in halls) and you know someone who is already there, then get it delivered to them. Otherwise wait until you are actually there. If you are in halls, once you get your address, then arrange them to drop it off, and you should be fine (you will probably just have to live out of your suitcase for a few days)

Used uni baggage, and also using it next week. Yeah would say that there has to be someone there to collect it as it would be a big heavy package. Normally they drop it off right at the door of your flat like regular post. I'm assuming you're moving into halls next weekend, so your best bet if you don't know your address is to ring the accommodation office and ask them could you send it to the office and collect it yourself.

They won't tell you what exact halls you're in until you pick up your key (annoying I know). I'm returning to halls and they still won't tell me.

So give them a call and see what your options are with them.

All else fails, stuff a suitcase and live out of it for 2-3 days whilst you're waiting on your stuff to arrive.

Hope this helps!
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 16, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.