The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
colleges dont like to give them out, so you need to contact the colleges individually and beg. Whatever results you find out would be good to see on here though, so post em up!
Reply 2
I've seen them on the Cam website somewhere but I can't remember where :frown:
Reply 3
I can't help you directly but I made a thread will all the cam/ox admissions stats I could find, it's here if you want to have a look. http://www.uk-learning.net/t48815.html :smile:
Reply 4
they still arent subject by college or college by subject! which is annoying cos thats the ones everyone wants!
Reply 5
Willa
they still arent subject by college or college by subject! which is annoying cos thats the ones everyone wants!

I think that'd very hard to do because for the arts subjects the colleges do not have quotas. Most will say we admit 40 arts students, so the nember per subject will fluctuate per year depending on the number of applicants. If you are interested the closest you will get in an approximation of the number of arts students they will admit.

Sorry I couldn't help.
Reply 6
that's exactly what people want though: Number of applicants to subject (by college) with number of acceptances!
Reply 7
Willa
that's exactly what people want though: Number of applicants to subject (by college) with number of acceptances!

But it would be very hard to do, and would probably mean not-a-lot because it will fluctuate each year.

Don't worry about the statistics... just go with the one you like :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 8
of course i went with the one i liked - you think it's statistically better to apply to emmanuel!!!!???
Reply 9
Thanks a lot Louise, those were still really helpful.

It would be just my luck to apply to a College that accepts only one Law student a year though......ah well.
Reply 10
Where are you going to apply? :smile:
Reply 11
You oculd try each college's website. I'm sure Jesus have there stats on www.jesus.cam.ac.uk but i don't know about other colleges
I was thinking of either Emmanuel or St Catherine's......couldn't find anything on either of their websites......
Both of those should take a good few for Law - it's a big subject. However it is VERY competitive wherever you go! Be warned. But basically go where you want :smile: the pool exists to help good candidates get into the university even if they don't quite get in their chosen college due to lack of space.
Thanks. I wasn't worrying about it at all until I found out that Kings' only take 2 or 3 Law students a year, which sort of got me slightly worried. Ah well. Like you said, the pool is there, just incase.
ahhh gud olde st catz :smile:
Reply 16
goldenbarnes
Thanks. I wasn't worrying about it at all until I found out that Kings' only take 2 or 3 Law students a year, which sort of got me slightly worried.

If you really want to know for any particular college, I can give you a good idea how many people there are (but not how many applicants there were, but see http://www.cam.ac.uk/cambuniv/ugprospectus/applying/applying02e.html) as I have a copy of the 2003 class-lists so I can count the number of people in any college for any particular subject in any year.
Trinity shows the number of students in each subject on it's website.www.tri.cam.ac.uk
magdelene had 59 nat sci applicants and 20 places according to the glossy brochure thing i got but their website says they had 65
I only know the Emma stats for bio natsci 2003/2004 which were 93 applicants to 17 offers.

Latest

Trending

Trending