The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ralfskini
I only know the Emma stats for bio natsci 2003/2004 which were 93 applicants to 17 offers.

Ralf, you got a place! WOW! :biggrin:
Reply 21
i've been told that the course i applied for (25% compsci) at emma, they only accept 1 or 2 people per year to study that, so I feel very lucky if that is indeed true!
Invisible
Ralf, you got a place! WOW! :biggrin:

Yes, some sort of miracle.
Reply 23
Willa
i've been told that the course i applied for (25% compsci) at emma, they only accept 1 or 2 people per year to study that, so I feel very lucky if that is indeed true!

So your nasty offer is a good thing after all :biggrin:
Reply 24
not if i dont get in it isnt :frown:

hmmers, we need to get more people back into #uk-learning!
Reply 25
Cheer up Willa old chap :smile:
You'll be fine :smile:
Think about Helen and Baz's wedding and all the boozing you can do :biggrin:
Reply 26
that doesnt help, i dont drink
and where's my hug!!!!!!????
Reply 27
:shocked: {gives Willa extra big hugs} That better? :smile:
Reply 28
For law....i know that Caius said they admit around 10 per year. But only after i applied, they sent an info sheet telling me this. I doubt you'll be able to find out exactly how many they admit cos then it would give rise to everyone applying for the undersubscribed colleges.

G
Reply 29
But that doesn't tell you where is undersubscribed. It just tells you how many places there are available, not how many are applying for those.

I know for my subject it was in a college prospectus supplement. Have you tried ferreting around the college website?
Reply 30
Acaila
But that doesn't tell you where is undersubscribed. It just tells you how many places there are available, not how many are applying for those.

I know for my subject it was in a college prospectus supplement. Have you tried ferreting around the college website?

I remember in the back of the cambridge prospectus....it had a table showing colleges and subjects with colour coded average, below average, undersubscribed, above average and oversubscribed colours.

Does that make sense?

Is it not in the current prospectus anymore?

G
Reply 31
No it's not in this years.
But again it's not the ratio, it's the actual number of places wanted.
Reply 32
goldenbarnes
I was thinking of either Emmanuel or St Catherine's......couldn't find anything on either of their websites......

http://www.caths.cam.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/subjects/law.html

And it's St. Catharine's by the way....
OldMan OldMan OldMan OldMan OldMan OldMan OldMan, thank you. I was looking on that page as well, I guess I was just skim reading it for stat looking figures. Dunces hat for me.

Thanks again.
Reply 34

What they say there fits with the numbers taking Part IA in the class-lists I have (8 and 9 for Catz). Emmanuel only has 5 and 4, which is lower than I expected...
Reply 35
I got a table from King's when i went to their open day last year. it was a subject applications/offer (places) table. i think ive misplaced that though :redface:

i remember the stats for medicine however (and medicine does have college quotas) : 45 applicants and 8 places (and i think i rmemeber reading that they offer 1 or 2 deffered entry places for about 8 applicants)

i'll try to find that table and post it when i manage to tidy up my room :rolleyes:

v

Latest

Trending

Trending