Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Maths exams in 2017

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

So I've just gone into year 11😳
    I have always struggled with maths but recently I've been finding it a lot better, I'm predicted a C at GCSE next year but I hope to achieve a B to go into college and do biology and chemistry and positive English language!
    I would love if anyone could give me some ideas or tips on how best to revise for maths and if I should start now by just doing some light stuff?
    I'm not sure but I wanna do everything I can )
    Thankyou !!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I too am sitting the new Maths GCSE (Year 11) and what I think you should know is that these exams are more based around problem solving questions in general. So my best advice is to definitely be perfect with fluency questions in maths and then try to apply your fluency skills to some problem solving questions. You can find many of these type of questions with the new CGP revision booklets (I recommend getting the exam practice workbooks they're perfect). Also try to learn other topics ahead of your classes to get a head start so your maths lessons are more like revision to you. lastly, the one thing I do is go to my maths teacher after school to really try some in-depth problem solving questions that help me understand maths more in depth. Now I'm not saying to exactly do the same thing with your teacher but my point is that you should definitely try to build up your relationship with your maths teacher so not only will you understand their teaching of maths more but also feel comfortable to ask for help at anytime!
    Hope this helps xx

I am definitely going to take all of that on board! The books sound brilliant I'm going to purchase them too, Thankyou very much! Hope your revision all goes well along with all of year 11!
    Thankyou xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, I am in year 9! I will be choosing my subjects... Pleaseee help
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 18, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful revision links

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.