The Student Room Group

Anyone still playing Pokemon Go?

Or is it past its sell by date?

Scroll to see replies

Many people still play, it's just not as ubiquitous as it used to be.
Loads of people still play. The initial excitement when pretty much everyone was playing it has just disappeared, which was to be expected.
Reply 3
Obviously, those Magikarp ain't gonna catch themselves...
A lot of people played it for the initial hype, I still play it but waiting for uni to start so I can get out more

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
If you're a real Pokemon trainer you'd still play :tongue:
I've stopped playing recently, I just felt that it was getting quite repetitive and also since I joined a bit later than everyone else, I never managed to get high enough CP pokemon to beat a gym :frown:
Reply 8
Original post by UWS
If you're a real Pokemon trainer you'd still play :tongue:

In the Bible it says Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image.
Reply 9
Original post by swirly
In the Bible it says Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image.

What's with you and bible references :lol:
Reply 10
Original post by UWS
What's with you and bible references :lol:

I must tell you about Christ, our saviour and redeemer.
Reply 11
Original post by swirly
I must tell you about Christ, our saviour and redeemer.

Go on :top:
Reply 12
No, fed up with Pidgeys, Drowzees and Ratattas everywhere I go.
Should have never got rid of Pokevision
Original post by AutomatedWaffles
I've stopped playing recently, I just felt that it was getting quite repetitive and also since I joined a bit later than everyone else, I never managed to get high enough CP pokemon to beat a gym :frown:

What level are you?

What you need to do is catch something that's already a relatively high CP, then when you evolve it it should be in the high hundreds or even into the thousands. Then you can power it up from there without exhausting your supply of stardust and pokemon candies. I'm level 18, and I caught a eevee with a CP over 500 and it evolved into a 1000-something CP vaporeon, for example. When you're at a higher level, you'll see some higher CP pokemon. Just keep catching loads of things and you'll find some higher CP stuff worth evolving and using.

There's an evolution calculator somewhere that allows you to predict what CP a pokemon will become if you evolve it. Search for it on google and play around with it
Have never played it. Like the edition games more anyway. The hype has never awaken my interest.
I'll open it if I'm out somewhere, or when I'm a passenger in the car and I'm bored. Other than that, I don't really play. I've never been one for mobile games though. I'll play them for a bit and then just forget they exist
I live in the middle of nowhere. I still play, but I don't play much because progress when I'm not out doing something is cripplingly slow.

I have a few mates that still play a lot tho.
Yes.

I wanna be, the very best
Reply 18
Yup
Yep. Still haven't caught Pikachu though. :angry:

Quick Reply

Latest