The Student Room Group

Help revising for A-Levels?

I've just started my A levels (year 12) and I can't find any information to help me revise. Not even a text book. What should I do? My college insists on doing a lot of research to get ready for uni but I have absolutely no starting point! I know I'm freaking out 😱. I'm doing Wjec Educas Business, AQA Classical Civilisation (women and the Iliad) and Economics and OCR History. Thanks, a stressed lower sixth student 🙈
Reply 1
I have and I can't find any :frown: Any tips for revising whole syllabuses and researching for essays? Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I recommend this YouTube channel. This guy is a legend. His videos are intuitive and may help you when it comes to tips and studying effectively.

https://www.youtube.com/user/electrickeye91
Original post by lyd_kate
I've just started my A levels (year 12) and I can't find any information to help me revise. Not even a text book. What should I do? My college insists on doing a lot of research to get ready for uni but I have absolutely no starting point! I know I'm freaking out 😱. I'm doing Wjec Educas Business, AQA Classical Civilisation (women and the Iliad) and Economics and OCR History. Thanks, a stressed lower sixth student 🙈

I have just started too - for the third time. Firstly it is harder than gcse - a gajillion times harder. I went from A*s to U's my first time around.
I seriously suggest at the end of each week you make the revision material for that week as most classes will do a chapter/topic per week. that way you are revising from the start and by the time it comes to ACTUAL revision you actually remember it better.
Definitely keep in contact with tutors and keep them informed, even if it is just a little part of the topic you dont understand - if you dont ask for help i can guarantee it will be on the exam.
I am also looking for revision websites and stuff already and i don't start until monday.
MOST importantly - have a revision timetable and STICK TO IT. And start this from week one. even if it is just reading through the notes you took that day. I spoke to some people from last year who got A*'s and they put almost 20hours per week of self study into each subject. Im doing 4 subjects so its 5 hours a week. it sounds a lot but its just like an hour a day really.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!
Reply 4
I have had a look at them but haven't found anything helpful. I think it's just me though. I don't know where to start looking to revise 😱
Ask your teachers to print out the specification for you and to order you a text book if you give them the money! Schools often get discount on text books so this is better than ordering it yourself. Don't stress, we are only a few days in and you'll do great:smile:
Reply 6
Original post by jazz_xox_
Ask your teachers to print out the specification for you and to order you a text book if you give them the money! Schools often get discount on text books so this is better than ordering it yourself. Don't stress, we are only a few days in and you'll do great:smile:

Thanks, will do :smile:

Quick Reply