The Student Room Group

My Year 10 Revision Thread To A* 2016-2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Update 23/09/2016

Today at school i have a French vocabulary test :tongue:and i think im going to do well and today we have half day so we finish at 12:30 soo i will update you on what i got for my french vocabulary test and its out of 40 so therefore there is 40 words we had to revise but i found it okay i will post it later what vocabulary i learnt because the teacher gave us a sheet. xD
Original post by mayu123
OHH Hello to this thread nice to meet yo and just wondering what book are you doing for English language and are you doing triple science because i am and which one you doing like history or geography im doing Geography and i am enjoying it so badly xD

Hi... I'm working on Journey by Shirley Lim for English. Yes I'm doing triple science, and I personally am not enjoying history right now... but it might be because my teacher sucks...

I'm sorry, this might be a weird question, but are you a boy or a girl? Tell me about yourself
Reply 82
Just wondering have you got revision books for science and what are you doing in each subject ?XD My name is Mayu and im a girl and this what i am taking for GCSE:

Spoiler

Hello my name is Abbie and I take 10 GCSEs
GCSE Maths
GCSE English literature and language
GCSE physics biology and chemistry
GCSE statistics
GCSE Business studies
and GCSE History
All my GCSEs apart from business and statistics are the new 9-1 GCSEs and I have given myself the target of getting A*'s , A and Bs (or 9,8,7,6's)
I would say I don't regret any of my subject choices and I have found English a lot better this year even. At the moment we are reading an inspector calls which I find interesting.

In maths, I have been doing the 3-year course and I find it enjoyable. At the end of last year I was on about a 6 but i hope to get to an 8 by the end of the year.
Original post by mayu123
Just wondering have you got revision books for science and what are you doing in each subject ?XD My name is Mayu and im a girl and this what i am taking for GCSE:

Spoiler

The only study books I have is my motes from school. In science, I am doing energy; math is quadratics; music-20th century; history-ww1; econ. I am just working through the criteria; english- journey; and indo is just idk...

Where are you from?
Reply 85
well im hindu and i was born here so Yeah ma dad and Mum in India xD and in Physics:energy Chemisty: Ionic Bonds Bioogy:biggrin:iseases

What do you mean English-Journey and Indo ???

Do you have any idea about which textbook to buy?
Reply 86
Original post by babsie120
Hello my name is Abbie and I take 10 GCSEs
GCSE Maths
GCSE English literature and language
GCSE physics biology and chemistry
GCSE statistics
GCSE Business studies
and GCSE History
All my GCSEs apart from business and statistics are the new 9-1 GCSEs and I have given myself the target of getting A*'s , A and Bs (or 9,8,7,6's)
I would say I don't regret any of my subject choices and I have found English a lot better this year even. At the moment we are reading an inspector calls which I find interesting.

In maths, I have been doing the 3-year course and I find it enjoyable. At the end of last year I was on about a 6 but i hope to get to an 8 by the end of the year.

Well welcome to this Thread:wink: and i must say GOOD LUCK:h: like i said to mostly everyone on this thread.:smile:
Im doing Business Studies and well xD:colone: im doing BTEC Edexcel and we have a lot of coursework have you started yours because we haven't we just doing writing tasks?:aetsch:The coursework is like 27 Slides long about your own business!!:adore:

Im doing Inspector calls as well i find it sooo exciting:banana2: i dont know why we are doing Christmas Carol next what about you? :tongue:

Are you doing Triple Science because i am and i kind of enjoy it xD ?:charm:

Spoiler

Just wondering whether you got any revision books that you are using to succeed

Spoiler

Original post by mayu123
Well welcome to this Thread:wink: and i must say GOOD LUCK:h: like i said to mostly everyone on this thread.:smile:
Im doing Business Studies and well xD:colone: im doing BTEC Edexcel and we have a lot of coursework have you started yours because we haven't we just doing writing tasks?:aetsch:The coursework is like 27 Slides long about your own business!!:adore:

Im doing Inspector calls as well i find it sooo exciting:banana2: i dont know why we are doing Christmas Carol next what about you? :tongue:

Are you doing Triple Science because i am and i kind of enjoy it xD ?:charm:

Spoiler

Just wondering whether you got any revision books that you are using to succeed

Spoiler

Yeah I am doing triple I am enjoying it at the moment but my only problem is my physics teacher isn't that good but luckily it is my strong suite. For science I got the same textbooks as the school which our oxford university press but I also got some cgp ones. I don't get complete revision as I find the questions aren't as good so i get the revision guide and workbook which for each science is £10. How many lessons do you get of each? We have 4 chemistry, 4 biology and 5 physics as physics takes up an option space.

For business I am doing AQA and I'm doing coursework at either end of the year or start of next year. So far we have done a few presentations and also we've done quite a lot of definitions and writing and one practice question which I got 4/6 on which was a C and I am enjoying it. I get cgp revision guides for this as well and I think they do a special one for btec but they also have a general one for £5.

Next term I'm doing poetry but I do Christmas carol next year around christmas. Do you know what Shakespeare book you are doing? We do Romeo and Juliet. For revision, I would recommend the york notes inspector calls revision guide and workbook and they are about £5 each.
Yeah I am doing triple I am enjoying it at the moment but my only problem is my physics teacher isn't that good but luckily it is my strong suite. For science I got the same textbooks as the school which our oxford university press but I also got some cgp ones. I don't get complete revision as I find the questions aren't as good so i get the revision guide and workbook which for each science is £10. How many lessons do you get of each? We have 4 chemistry, 4 biology and 5 physics as physics takes up an option space.

For business I am doing AQA and I'm doing coursework at either end of the year or start of next year. So far we have done a few presentations and also we've done quite a lot of definitions and writing and one practice question which I got 4/6 on which was a C and I am enjoying it. I get cgp revision guides for this as well and I think they do a special one for btec but they also have a general one for £5.

Next term I'm doing poetry but I do Christmas carol next year around christmas. Do you know what Shakespeare book you are doing? We do Romeo and Juliet. For revision, I would recommend the york notes inspector calls revision guide and workbook and they are about £5 each.

Wow we only get: 2 biology, 2 physics and 3 chemistry a week. Chemistry takes up the option space! How many lessons (in total) do you have a week? We only have 25!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alexemmamay3101
Wow we only get: 2 biology, 2 physics and 3 chemistry a week. Chemistry takes up the option space! How many lessons (in total) do you have a week? We only have 25!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh that is in a 2 week space we have 4 biology , 4 chemistry and 5 physics because we get 5 of each option so one week (week A) I have two and the other (week B) I have 3 physics lessons. We have 25 lessons a week in total as well.
Reply 90

Oh nice :smile: You know the revision books you had for science the oxford University or something can you show me how it looks like please.We have 4 Biology 4 Chemisty and 3 Physics.

Oh cool im doing Inspector calls at the moment and i totally enjoying it xXx
For Shakespeare we are doing Romeo and Juliet as well and i dont know anything about the book because i dont have it so i haven't read it and i bet its going to be hard but im not sure however my sister can help me because she did the same Shakespeare book xXx.

I got the York notes for Inspector calls
Just wondering, Do you go to any tuition?

Spoiler

Reply 91
Oh that is in a 2 week space we have 4 biology , 4 chemistry and 5 physics because we get 5 of each option so one week (week A) I have two and the other (week B) I have 3 physics lessons. We have 25 lessons a week in total as well.

me 2 i get 25 lessons a week but we get week A and week B!!
Reply 92
Original post by Alexemmamay3101

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which one is your favourite and are you doing AQA Tripe Science ???:tongue:
Reply 93
Hello Guys so i was just wondering where is everyone up to because we have had 2 weeks of school and I know it was fast however some people have some consequences because some of their teachers aren't here im very sorry to heat that because you will be therefore a day behind or 2 lessons behind or something so the best thing to do is just buy a revision book and go through the revision book and see what you need to learn or go to the board website to see what the first or the next thing on the specification is and just go on any websites to see.

Today i found some useful websites and you tubers that do help learning students so i am going to link it down so please Take a minute or two to check the links below and i hope you find it useful :

https://www.youtube.com/user/mrbruff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqbOeHaAUXw9Il7sBVG3_bw
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD2h_interdenominational
https://corbettmaths.com/
http://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/

Thank you for all your support on this thread xD
I just joined.I always revise at last min so don't ask advice from me:smile:
Reply 95
Original post by tamil fever
I just joined.I always revise at last min so don't ask advice from me:smile:

what are you taking for GCSE's????:h:
Original post by mayu123
what are you taking for GCSE's????:h:

1)STEM subjects
2)Triple Science
3)Art
4)History
5)German/Russian
Reply 97
Original post by tamil fever
1)STEM subjects
2)Triple Science
3)Art
4)History
5)German/Russian

how you finding Triple Science and what revision books you got or bought? :tongue:
Original post by mayu123
how you finding Triple Science and what revision books you got or bought? :tongue:

Idk if I should drop out of it or not.If it gets VERY hard then I might drop out:smile:
I haven't bought any revision books tbh I am revising of the internet:biggrin:

Spoiler

Original post by mayu123
well im hindu and i was born here so Yeah ma dad and Mum in India xD and in Physics:energy Chemisty: Ionic Bonds Bioogy:biggrin:iseases

What do you mean English-Journey and Indo ???

Do you have any idea about which textbook to buy?

My school has the textbooks on loan to students, so i don't have to worry about that... in Indonesian, I'm just learning conjunctions and all that. And English, we're studying Journey (the short story) and how to write letters.

Quick Reply

Latest