Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do nose piercings hurt really bad?

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

I have had my navel pierced before, and it hurt obviously whilst the needle had gone through, and hurt for about 2 days then now I can't feel it at all, is a nose piercing the same as that? so hurts whilst it goes through, and hurts for a couple of days and goes away? I'm just worried about getting it pierced because I guess a nose is alot thicker than a navel because my stomach is pretty slim i guess, not trying to be big-headed, but anyway thankyou for your help x

Okay, it's been two days so sorry this is a late reply, but I'd like to answer this! I have my nostril and septum pierced and my lobes, nothing else yet (unfortunately). My septum piercing was very painful, but I found my nose piercing wasn't bad at all. It was a little more painful than my ear lobes, but not that bad. I was pierced with a hoop, and the hoop has a ball on it, and when I rotated it to move the ball inside my nostril, it would be very sore, but the pain passed quickly, and it's healed and is fine - didn't take too long to heal at all.

Pain is different for everybody, as some people say that septum piercings hurt less than lobes, but in my personal experience, my nose piercing was very easy and not bad at all.

Nose piercings are done with a needle, right? How big is the needle? I've been thinking of getting my nose pierced for a while now, and I don't want to chicken out at the last minute because the needle is massive!

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Crankyla)
    Nose piercings are done with a needle, right? How big is the needle? I've been thinking of getting my nose pierced for a while now, and I don't want to chicken out at the last minute because the needle is massive!
    Oops, late reply, but honestly I have no idea. I kept my eyes shut and looked away, which is what I've done for all my piercings, otherwise I would probably chicken out (almost did for my nose piercing, glad I went through because it was so easy!). Just don't look at it - the piercer will probably tell you to look at something so you don't see the needle.

I had my septum done 4 years ago and it hurt like a *****, but that was mainly because she couldn't get the needle through properly and had to do it over again, apart from that it was still painful, which is why I didn't get it done again when it closed up after I took it out for one day a few months later.
    I also got my nostril done for my 18th last January and it stung whilst the needle went through but it wasn't too bad, definitely nowhere near as bad as my septum. It really isn't that painful but depends on your pain tolerance of course m, and afterwards it doesn't hurt at all, you do have to clean it lots and it does get stuck a little whilst it's healing but apart from that the pain is over as soon as they put the ring/stud in :-) out of all the piercing I have gotten done, my tongue hurt the least whilst I got it done, but it was awful for a week after that- couldn't eat or drink or anything. :P
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 17, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather be able to

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.