The Student Room Group

Apply for three "High risk" universities?

I think you may as well just go for it and apply where you want if things go turnips up well take a gap year.

Should I apply for LSE, Oxford and UCL?

People who apply for medicine apply for 4/5 high tisk and so do many who want to go into law? So why not history?
Risk it for a chocolate biscuit.

If not, gap year aye.
Thinking about doing the same tbh. Was considering a gap year regardless and for a while decided against applying at all this year, but now that I think of it (besides the £24 I have to pay UCAS) there's nothing to lose by it either way.

I feel you'd have to be alright with accepting a gap year though, and not half-heartedly decide on it as the odds are well against you (us).
Reply 3
If your grades are good enough go for it. Just make sure your other two choices are safe.
It will depend entirely on your grades.What are they? (GCSE and AS)
You probably only 'need' one insurance choice.
Original post by jackmolineux
I think you may as well just go for it and apply where you want if things go turnips up well take a gap year.

Should I apply for LSE, Oxford and UCL?

People who apply for medicine apply for 4/5 high tisk and so do many who want to go into law? So why not history?

Firstly, no one really applies for any high-risk universities for medicine. They apply to places where their academic profile and PS suit, otherwise, they face instant rejection a lot of the time. I say that, but I myself have applied for 4 BMAT universities - so YOLO, bro.

If you have the grades, then apply. Chances are, you're going to get an interview at the least from one of those three.
Reply 7
Roll the dice mate (also depends on your GCSE and AS grades)
I spent like £20 for my application to universities though so if you're just going to go for a gap year anyway you might want to save yourself £20 and buy a nice meal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending