The Student Room Group

Uncertainty of future.

I started at university last September and after multiple meetings with advisors and faculty staff I left in January due to concern over future career prospects and depression. I was told I was going to be able to "intercalate"onto a new course in the next academic year, I filled out all the forms given to me around March. Just a few days ago I received an email from the head of school for my new chosen subject stating "I am very sorry to advise that you have failed to meet the progression requirements to enable you to progress to the next stage of your degree. I regret that you have been withdrawn from your course and will not be permitted to continue your studies at the University." The advisors from the university told me before I left that under my circumstances they wouldn't base my transition on grades, and if I knew this situation were to occur I probably would have just stayed in there instead of leaving for a while to work and reevaluate. Now it's September and I don't know what to do, I was thinking of applying to a different uni for next years early enrolment but they are all mostly in London (an expensive place to study) and none of them are ranked as well as my current uni. I shall be talking to the faculty to see if I can clear things up next week but at the moment I am just so confused, I had a goal on going back to study something practical and now I find that option has been taken away at the last minute. If anyone here could offer some constructive advice I'd greatly appreciate it, I know this post comes across a tad piteous but I'm really stressing over this as I don't want to end up getting depressed and stuck in a rut doing nothing again. Thank you.
Reply 1
What degree were you previously doing and what did you want to change it to? Also, what uni were you attending, there's a load of unis outside of London which are really good too btw!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending