The Student Room Group

Changing Universities and Clearing - HELP!

The situation:

I applied for University to study English Literature and they gave me an unconditional offer. At the time, I thought that was where I definitely wanted to go. However, I've been thinking a lot recently and have decided it is not what I want anymore - at all.

I also applied to another University (ARU) which gave me an unconditional offer too. It's much closer to home and I would be able to commute - something I have researched a lot. Their website still has the same course on offer with spaces in clearing.

Question is, how would I go about this now? Would I be able to change Universities at all?
Original post by natashajade_
The situation:

I applied for University to study English Literature and they gave me an unconditional offer. At the time, I thought that was where I definitely wanted to go. However, I've been thinking a lot recently and have decided it is not what I want anymore - at all.

I also applied to another University (ARU) which gave me an unconditional offer too. It's much closer to home and I would be able to commute - something I have researched a lot. Their website still has the same course on offer with spaces in clearing.

Question is, how would I go about this now? Would I be able to change Universities at all?

you can try calling up their clearing line and asking if there are any spaces available- although it's not very likely for uni's to take on students this late, it's always worth a shot. (Also, check that you have the grades for the course at this particular uni)

Although, I'm a bit confused on how you have the unconditional on the second uni (I take it this was your insurance which you've let go of now??)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by cookiemonster15
you can try calling up their clearing line and asking if there are any spaces available- although it's not very likely for uni's to take on students this late, it's always worth a shot. (Also, check that you have the grades for the course at this particular uni)

Although, I'm a bit confused on how you have the unconditional on the second uni (I take it this was your insurance which you've let go of now??)

Yes this course was around 240 UCAS points and I achieved 280, and I got an A grade in English, which is the subject I am intending to do. And no, when I received all my offers I got two unconditionals and three conditionals, but I obviously declined the four of them. But the University I'd like to go to now offered an uncoditional in the first place!
Original post by natashajade_
Yes this course was around 240 UCAS points and I achieved 280, and I got an A grade in English, which is the subject I am intending to do. And no, when I received all my offers I got two unconditionals and three conditionals, but I obviously declined the four of them. But the University I'd like to go to now offered an uncoditional in the first place!

Whether they offered you an unconditional or not is irrelevant as the uni's only stand by the unconditional if you firm them, you should call up this uni and ask them if they still have spaces available.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending